Best new Brit pop band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm - well, I guess I would choose Muse, as their 3 albums + a live one have produced some great tunes.
'Origin..' and 'Absolution' are two fine albums.

I loved Keane's album - but it remains to be seen if they can come up with a good follow-up.

Franz Ferdinand - i'm not saying their music is anything new, but it is different in contrast to the other mainstream pop-rock bands who seem to be emerging.
I wouldn't really classify Muse as pop though, nor Kasabian. I would say Muse are rock, i'm not sure about Kasabian. They seem to be a mix of a whole lot of things.

Franz Ferdinand for sure... just for these lyrics!!!

You take your white finger
Slide the nail under
The top and bottom buttons of my blazer
Relax the fraying wool
Slacken ties and I'm
Not to look at you in the shoe
But the eyes
Find the eyes...

Find me and follow me
Through corridors refectories
And files you must follow
Leave this academic factory
Will find me in the matinee
The dark of the matinee
It's better in the matinee
The dark of the matinee is mine
Yes it's mine!

I time every journey
To bump into you accidentally
I charm you and tell you
Of the boys I hate, all the girls I hate
All the words I hate, all the clothes I hate
How I'll never be anything I hate
You smile, mention something that you like
Oh, how you'd have a happy life
If you did the things you like...

Chorus.

So I'm on BBC2 now
Telling Terry Wogan how I made it and
What I made is unclear now
But his deference is
And his laughter is
My words and smile are so easy now
Yes it's easy now
Yes it's easy now...

Find me and follow me
Leave this acedemic factory
The dark of the matinee
The dark of the matinee

Well, find me and follow me
Leave this academic factory
The dark of the matinee
The dark of the matinee is mine
Yes it's mine!

:cool:

Last edited:
Doesn't a band have to be from Britain to be a Brit-pop band...? I only ask because such a qualification would clearly DISqualify Franz Ferdinand. Anyone...?

If that's the case, then I didn't realize there were any good new Brit-pop bands. Not my style, these days. Not my style at all.

Muse isn't a "new" band

if you mean Brit pop sound, I'm not interested, if you mean a band from UK... Franz Ferdinand among others

Keane sucks

If you shout... said:
Doesn't a band have to be from Britain to be a Brit-pop band...? I only ask because such a qualification would clearly DISqualify Franz Ferdinand. Anyone...?

If that's the case, then I didn't realize there were any good new Brit-pop bands. Not my style, these days. Not my style at all.

No it wouldnt, they are from Scotland which is part of Britain. :)

I would say The Libertines...though they arent really Poppy, I still reckon they are the best Brit band at the moment. Them and Muse.

Also watch out for Bloc Party. :)

AcrobatMan said:
new --> last 1-1.5 years

is it

Kasabian
Franz Ferdinand
Keane
Muse

Which one..and Why ?

Well, if that's your criteria, then Muse is automatically disqualified. Muse has been around since <1999. '99 is when Showbiz came out, but they've been around longer than that. It's also not fair to group Muse with the other bands as Muse has more albums and is far more established.

If your criteria is simply britpop bands that have release an album in the past year and a half, at least include Bloc Party, who are receiving far more (deserving) praise than Keane. Kaiser Chiefs. Futureheads. Maximo Park. Nine Black Alps.

And Franz isn't Brit pop. Not in the slightest.

Your categories need to be more highly defined.

AcrobatMan said:
new --> last 1-1.5 years

is it

Kasabian
Franz Ferdinand
Keane
Muse

Which one..and Why ?

This isn't a very good list of bands to choose from, sorry. Muse are my favourite but they aren't 1.5 years old. :huh:

no way Muse counts as a pop band of any description.

If Razorlight count, I'd say them. I know I shouldn't but out of these new fangled things they are the best in my opinion.

RA-D said:
no way Muse counts as a pop band of any description.

If Razorlight count, I'd say them. I know I shouldn't but out of these new fangled things they are the best in my opinion.

Razorlight is my new fave!! I don't know if it is Pop either but they have some great stuff. I will be playing their CD tomorrow on my 6 hour drive home from Phoenix.:up:

Back
Top Bottom