Best coupla songs to close an album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nminor

The Fly
My vote would go to Automatic for the People:

Nightswimming to Find the River = :drool:

It doesn't get any better than that for me. The sheer emotion of Michael Stipe's tenor in Nightswimming is amazing. Those two sings seem to work so well together.

Honorable mentions would have to be:

Brain Damage to Eclipse- Dark Side of the Moon (duh),

A Rush of Blood to the Head to Amsterdam - A Rush of Blood to the Head

Wow, it's impossible to choose just one. :drool: These are my favourite last two songs to close out an album, the ones I think are the best:

Radiohead (Kid A) - Morning Bell / Motion Picture Soundtrack
It's just beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. That climax at the end of Morning Bell into the soft Motion Picture Soundtrack. "I think you're crazy, maybe."

Pink Floyd (Dark Side Of The Moon) - Brain Damage / Eclipse
As you said, duh. "The lunatic is in my head..."

Queen (A Night At The Opera) - Bohemian Rhapsody / God Save The Queen
Brilliant.

The Alan Parsons Project (I Robot) - Total Eclipse / Genesis Ch.1: V.32
People are sometimes quick to brush off The Alan Parsons Project, but these two instrumentals are just lovely. Total Eclipse is kind of frightening, leading into that oh-so-droolworthy delayed drum beat of Genesis.

The Arcade Fire (Funeral) - Rebellion (Lies) / In The Backseat
It's such a contrast of feelings. Though the subject matter is a little dark on Rebellion, the music is so uplifting. Then it leads into the mournful In The Backseat, which is about Régine Chassagne's mother. Régine's vocals are beautiful. "Alice died, in the night...I've been learning to drive my whole life." I love it.

right now i'm impressed with the two thieves & a a savior-cirty girl-bombs away trifecta on the new ducky boys album. the songs that come before are great, and the songs after are good, but those three flow together in the most awesome way.

The Smiths (The Queen Is Dead) - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out/Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Two gorgeous songs to end The Smiths' finest album. There Is A Light.... is one of my favourite songs of all time. The despair in the lyrics and the wonderful music behind it are a winning combination and Johnny Marr's lilting guitar on Some Girls.... is just beautiful.

The Rakes (Capture/Release) - Terror!/Work, work, work (pub, club, sleep)

Terror! just makes me want to dance :dance: bass and drums tightly locked together with a great guitar riff! Work, Work, Work... although it doesn't exactly push musical boundries, the music is funky and the lyrics sum up for me what it's like to be 20-something at the weekend. I can relate to the lyrics really well. Those are my favourite kind of lyrics, when what you hear in a song is how you can imagine somebody living their life just like you live yours, no metaphorical, vague bullshit lyrics. They just tell it as it is. and it works.

there are so many, here's a few.

The Who, Who's Next: Behind Blue Eyes/Won't Get Fooled Again

U2, POP: Please/Wake Up Dead Man

and something more current

Okkervil River, Black Sheep Boy: So Come Back I am Waiting/A Glow

Back
Top Bottom