Best Beatles Song Survivor - 'Abbey Road' Draw - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Come Together

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Something

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Want You(She's So Heavy)

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Here Comes The Sun

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Because

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • You Never Give Me Your Money

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • She Came In Through The Bathroom Window

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Golden Slumbers

• Carry That Weight

• The End

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

She's so... BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM... HEAVY!!!

chaotic mix of awesome :rockon:

You rock man!! How can there be eight votes for that song? It's awesome! This is a monstrosity Monkey style.

Originally posted by Lancemc
Damn.

:(

You shouldn't give in so easy. Your avatar is much hotter than his :drool:

intedomine said:
I Want You should depart next round, at last!

You fail at musical taste. :madspit:

I will do everything in power to make sure I Want You goes through. Which, unfortunately, is not anymore than the next person. :lol:

corianderstem said:

That is such a huge ball of wrong, I don't even know what to say. :(

The fact that I Want You has 9 votes is such a huge ball of wrong that it leaves me speechless too. Because isn't even fit to tie its shoelaces.

Well you people are going to make me vote for Because. :madspit: I don't want to, believe me, but I Want You needs to be saved.

And Something needs to win.

I can totally get voting for the medley songs as a favorite if it was the entire medley, but keeping the individuals over Come Together and I Want You?

crazy talk, all of you!

Screwtape2 said:
Nine votes for I Want You?! What is wrong with everyone? It is the best song on this album, The White Album and Let It Be! :madwife:

I always knew you had awesome musical taste, along with Messrs LemonMacPhisto, UberBeaver and Lila.

:love:

:rockon:

Hey, you're talking to the two-time Desert Island champ (well, champ and co-champ.) :wink:

I cannot wait until the next one, btw.

I would love to do it, but it would be too painstaking for me to create what is it? three hours of cohesive music? I'm not committed enough I'm afraid.

COBL_04 said:
I would love to do it, but it would be too painstaking for me to create what is it? three hours of cohesive music? I'm not committed enough I'm afraid.

Approach it like I did. Take a bunch of songs you like, throw them together and run like hell :wink:

You'll take your lumps but someone might hear something they like, that they hadn't heard before. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

2 hours 40 minutes add up quickly.

Screwtape2 said:

The sign-up thread goes up in a couple days. :)

I'm guessing the 5th or the 6th. Though with the pathetic turnout of the Prog game semi's it might be tommorrow. :sigh:

Nice :up:

I tried getting into a few of the playlists, but it's just not for me, I guess.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Nice :up:

I tried getting into a few of the playlists, but it's just not for me, I guess.

It's nice that people tried. That was the important part. It really sucks though a semi-final match would have only 8 or 9 total votes and comments from only two people. On the bright side, this next tournament will be so much better than the previous editions of the game. :up:

I wish I'd have had enough time to participate fully in the Prog Island game. I still haven't even finished listening to all the lists! They're too damn long. :crack: My suggestion for the next Prog game is to have shorter lists. :shrug: But it did expose me to some fantastic tracks by Porcupine Tree, Pure Reason Revoln, Asia among others. :drool:

Oooh, I may have to think about participating in that next playlist thing.

Although with my penchant for big dumb pop songs, I may get laughed out of the competition early. :hmm:

Zootlesque said:
I wish I'd have had enough time to participate fully in the Prog Island game. I still haven't even finished listening to all the lists! They're too damn long. :crack: My suggestion for the next Prog game is to have shorter lists. :shrug: But it did expose me to some fantastic tracks by Porcupine Tree, Pure Reason Revoln, Asia among others. :drool:

The length really killed it. I started to regret almost imediately. Oh well. By the way did you get my Porcupine Tree e-mail a couple weeks ago?

corianderstem said:

Although with my penchant for big dumb pop songs, I may get laughed out of the competition early. :hmm:

I have the feeling that every playlist will be unique and that anything is possible. :wink:

corianderstem said:

It's not your fault if people don't appreciate good music like you do :wink:

I say go for it, the more the merrier.

Screwtape2 said:

The sign-up thread goes up in a couple days. :)

I'm guessing the 5th or the 6th. Though with the pathetic turnout of the Prog game semi's it might be tommorrow. :sigh:

:combust: It's on. :drool:

corianderstem said:

Dooooooo it!

hardyharhar said:

Approach it like I did. Take a bunch of songs you like, throw them together and run like hell :wink:

You'll take your lumps but someone might hear something they like, that they hadn't heard before. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

2 hours 40 minutes add up quickly.

:hmm: You know what, I might just jump in on this one. Maybe. I'll check the rules first ;)

If there's anything I could suggest, that maybe the times were lowered by a bit. 2 hours and 40 minutes is a very long time, too long to listen to everyone's lists I'm afraid. I get that you want as much music as possible if you're stranded but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom