BEP/Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. MIKEphisto

The Fly
I was at the Black Eyed Peas on Friday night (at the Ottawa Blues Festival)

It was an amazing show BTW. I'm not a fan of much new hip-hop, but they have such a great energy, and they make jokes and sometimes even jam for 10 minute spurts (their drummer is insane).

anyways.. before they came on, they played almost the entire 'Kid A' album! I was loving it.

Do you think they choose the music that is played before they come on?

who knows?

I was at the Millenium Stadium for U2 and they played all of Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm"...makes you wonder if the band or the venue choose the music.

I know BEP have deep musical taste.. so I don't think it would be too much of stretch for them to like/choose radiohead. Either way it was enjoyable!

That's pretty sweet that they played Bloc Party before U2 as well!

bep's latest single's lyrics are so atrocious, they're offensive.

do they make catchy pop music? sure, but please - hire someone to write the lyrics for the love of henry the eighth.

Zoomerang96 said:
bep's latest single's lyrics are so atrocious, they're offensive.

do they make catchy pop music? sure, but please - hire someone to write the lyrics for the love of henry the eighth.

I agree with you, but they have a great show (the low points are the popular songs (boo), the jams and instumentals are really great). I was pleasantly surprised, because I only went there because of a girl :)

also, they like to joke and get the crowd into it!

you should send this in to At Ease or another RH news site. some fans might be interested.

I heard Black Eyed Peas used to be a very different kind of band before 2003-- one that didn't suck-- but the hits off their last album were the most annoying songs I can think of, like, ever. I havent been listening to the radio recently so I dont know their new stuff but its probably similar right?

And didnt they namedrop Thom Yorke or Radiohead in "Let's Get it Started/Retarded" already?

bread n' whine said:

I heard Black Eyed Peas used to be a very different kind of band before 2003

Yeah, before they got a major label deal they were quite different. They didnt have the female singer for all the choruses, and they were no where near as poppy.

That being said, for some reason I honestly think they're doing the music they always wanted to be doing. I've heard from a few friends that they're still great live, and from performances I've seen on TV here and there, I understand why.

Zoomerang96 said:
what i've seen and heard, bep simply can't sing live. especially the woman.

I know what you mean. Sometimes she sounds excellent, sometimes she doesnt. Who knows.

Yeah, I hated all their recent stuff at first. Now I enjoy it. I dont know why. Decent enough "hip pop".

Ugh, "Let's Get it Started" is horrible. It has to be one of the worst songs ever nominated for a Grammy and that's saying a lot.

most hip-hop and plain old pop is actually hip-pop now, there's no need for them. Usher's "Yeah" just to take on example puts their singles to shame.

I hate the singles. Worst part of the show was when they sang them, but it is true they do a great show.

at the Ottawa show (I think they said their first show ever in Canada), the girl sounded fantastic.. almost hard to believe how good she sounded. (and the lead guy too). But the instrumental jams and comments/jokes made the show.

I can't comment too much on the BEP.. just know that they do a good show, and that it was awesome/interesting that Kid A was played before it.

Did they drop Thom's name at one point? Hmm....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom