Ben Stiller fans--??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Are there any other Ben Stiller fans here? I recenly saw "Change of Faith", and he was great in a dramatic role on that. I saw "Meet the Fockers" and loved it, it was hilarious. Comedy is my favorite kind of movie.

Do yourself a favor and rent Heavyweights. It's a Disney movie, but Ben Stiller plays a White Goodman Light and it's surprisingly funny.

Also, rent The Ben Stiller Show. Aside from early '90s SNL and Mr. Show, it has some of the best sketch comedy of the '90s.

I forgot to mention Zoolander is a modern classic in my last post :up:

Mystery Men is also a great Stiller flick (also with Hank Azaria, Geoffrey Rush, and William H. Macy among others) and for a romantic comedy, Keeping the Faith (w/ Edward Norton and Jenna Elfman) wasn't that bad.

Love him, he even made Night at the Museum bearable. (We were watching it at work, I had to.... :angry: ) The Royal Tenenbaums is my favorite though. :up:

I'll have to check out Mystery Men, I love William H. Macy.

blusteel_face.jpg

I love Ben Stiller.

Zoolander IS awesome. And yes, you must see Heavyweights, he's brilliant. And Mystery Men is great too. (Mr. Furious :giggle: )

And Lucky Clovers :lol:

BenStillerBono.jpg

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
I love Ben Stiller.

Zoolander IS awesome. And yes, you must see Heavyweights, he's brilliant. And Mystery Men is great too. (Mr. Furious :giggle: )

And Lucky Clovers :lol:

BenStillerBono.jpg

Heavyweights :heart:

Tony Perkis: Did you ever hear the story of Icarus, who continually rolled the ball up the hill? But when he got too close, the ball melted in the heat of the Sun. You're all like Icarus.

Lars: [Pushes one kid in the water] Hey, don't pee in the water!
Lars: [Pushes another kid in the water] Hey, don't drink the water, he peed in it!

Tony Perkis: Come 'ere, you devil log!

Tony Perkis: Attention campers. Lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it.

Another nice little fact, it was co-written by Judd Apatow :up:

See, now I thought Dodgeball was one of the weakest comedies he's ever done. Does nothing for me.

It doesn't help that Vince Vaughn sleepwalks through that one and there's no Jerry Stiller to be found.

Really. The only person who I found to be even a little bit funny in that film was Rip Torn, and the 5 D's of dodgeball.

Rip Torn's great in anything, the ensemble group was funny, too, but Ben Stiller was way over-the-top.

He was an exaggeration of his character in Heavyweights. I cannot stress enough how funny that movie is.

I loved him in the Focker movies but for some reason I absolutely hated Zoolander.
I dont even think I made it through the whole movie.
I thought it was so stupid :reject:

I just really didnt like the character, the whole pursed lip thing and lame voice was just ... bleh.

Lancemc said:
See, now I thought Dodgeball was one of the weakest comedies he's ever done. Does nothing for me.

:hi5:

Oh, and I love that Sobe cap! They have so many funny things inside of them. My friends' once had 'Sweet Canadian Mullet!' :huh:

Back
Top Bottom