Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm glancing through the listing for tonight's events (btw, have I mentioned I don't watch the Olympics that closely) and I see Baseball listed. I thought Baseball was no longer an Olympic sport?

That wall's been up for at least 2,000 years. I've been patient.

I's just cause I haven't BEEN to China yet. I've so already got all the marketing materials ready and everything. Give me five minutes with them, and that wall will be covered with posters faster than you can say fantasticmarkettingdecision

Oh man, let's compare:

NBC: big, long intro and fanfare. Bob Costas at desk.

CBC: BAM. Right into men's gymnastics.

:hug:

How come men's floor exercise is only about the skills, and women have to prance around to music and pretend to be dancing in between the skills?

That shit is lame.

How come men's floor exercise is only about the skills, and women have to prance around to music and pretend to be dancing in between the skills?

That shit is lame.

y'know, I was going to pose this same question last night while watching the women's floor routines. s'rsly. why bother with the fake dancing? it is painful. just show me the tumbling and the mad skilz.

That shit is lame.

That's actually a really good question and I don't know the answer. But the women are a lot more fun to watch, in my humblest of opinions.

I'm just saying, if we were to fight over Coughlin in a game of shuttlecockery... it wouldn't even be close.

wow, when i looked down to type it was uchimori doing flips and all of the sudden there is michael phelps. dude is everywhere! he's competing in gymnastics now? bet he wins a gold.

I have a hard time deciding which women's gymnastics events I like the best. What they can do on the balance beam just astounds me, but then I watch them whip themselves into the air on that floor ... I know it's aided by springs under the mat, but god DAMN, that is something.

wow, when i looked down to type it was uchimori doing flips and all of the sudden there is michael phelps. dude is everywhere! he's competing in gymnastics now? bet he wins a gold.

I want him to stick around for Track and Field, and somehow save a spectator from being hit by a wayward javelin. He'd just let his abs deflect it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom