Behind the Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Who else thinks this show is hilarious, great, etc.?

I am so addicted to this show I even watch the artists I don't like! (Good example of this is the Hall & Oates show last night, which was a snoozer, lol)

LadyLemon and I were talking about this the other day, and we think the Motley Crue one was the best by far. What does everyone else think?

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

I love Behind the Music!!! It is such a great series. I too find myself watching artists I don't care for. One of the most interesting ones was Shania Twain, and I don't care for her music! The Bon Jovi one was good too, oh and the Bee Gees!! Actually probably the most informative one was about the Monkees. lol
biggrin.gif

I think being featured on Behind The Music is the like kiss of death for any artist.
eek.gif
lol. Break-ups, divorces, alcoholics, drug-addicts etc... I hope to never see one on U2.

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

Originally posted by jezebel:
I liked the one about Stevie Nicks....or wait, Fleetwood Mac? Same thing!

Wasn't there a parody of Behind the Music on Saturday Night Live? The one with U2 on it? That was hilarious!!

It was about the Doors with JimMorrisonAKAVelKilmer and interview with with producer of heaven group - Jesus - ACHTUNG bebi !!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes, Motley Crue is one of the best--but I really love the Metallica one too. I've seen those 2 so many times (cos my life is so exciting!). Hall and Oats was pretty lame--and its hard to make a bad BTM...I myself prefer the ones that have a lot to do with drug/alcohol problems--just so much fun to watch!

Cheers!
smile.gif

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 01-28-2002).]

Vanilla Ice Ice Baby!

That's all I could think throughout that one. They are hilarious to watch though...

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.

Behind the Music is awesome (and can get very addictive)! The Oasis one is a must see- it's hilarious. They have to subtitle Liam Gallagher half the time, and he gives some great quotes, especially involving all the "incidents" he's been in (the scandal involving a scone on an airplane is great!).
smile.gif

Vanilla Ice BTM is great too just because he looks like such a fool, and it contains the infamous clip of him explaining how Ice Ice Baby isn't the same as Under Pressure.
biggrin.gif

Oh yes! Oasis! I saw this one for the first time over xmas break--I jsut couldn't stop laughing. The subtitles are great! Plus you have to admire them for their fabulous asshole-ness!

------------------
You will believe in me

Oasis was so funny, Liam is such an ass. I saw BHTM on Journey about 2 weeks ago. Classic.

The only thing that gets me about the show is that its always the same story line. Band gets huge, has some sort of problem to overcome, etc. But I can never stop watching it.

[dramatic, sad voice]...And then his world came crashing down

...everything was going well until that one fateful day

...she was living a dream, until a tragic turn took her dreams away...
[/dramatic, sad voice]

I just love how every show has that one moment where the bad shit happens.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 01-29-2002).]

Originally posted by Diemen:
[dramatic, sad voice]...And then his world came crashing down

...everything was going well until that one fateful day

...she was living a dream, until a tragic turn took her dreams away...
[/dramatic, sad voice]

I just love how every show has that one moment where the bad shit happens.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 01-29-2002).]

"And then Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen, lost his arm in a horrible car accident...

'But fuck man, how can I be a rock n roll drummer with just one bloody arm..

lol...

------------------
You will believe in me

How about the one on The Black Crowes? Man, those brothers fight more than the Hatfields & McCoys.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Vanilla Ice Ice Baby!

That's all I could think throughout that one. They are hilarious to watch though...

that one was really good. it was just on this sunday. it was hilarious to watch.

Liam - "I don't give a fuck about Cathay Pacific, and I tell you kids what--I'd rather walk."

Good stuff. Every quote in that one is memorable.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I like the Simpson's BTM but of course VH1 won't play it, damn them. Anyway I think Cher's BTM was awful its like they were digging for crap to make people feel bad about the way she was treated, total junk.

Red hot chili peppers BTM was good, I enjoyed that one and how they managed to slip in Anthony Kiedis's small role in a dumb movie where he shoots himself in the foot by mistake and that's the end of his character...its like BTM was out to destory anthony or something. If Michael Jackson ever does a BTM they won't include a fact that he slapped himself in the face with a whip while shooting a video, by mistake!

------------------
See, people they don't understand
No, girlfriends, they can't understand
Your Grandsons, they won't understand
On top of this, I ain't ever gonna understand...
AIM:fengche

U2 was the best of course! I recorded it and have watched it about 100000000000000000000000000000000000 times since then.

------------------
"Everyone argues, then we do what I say" -Bono

Even though I don't particularly like either group, I've seen No Doubt's and Creed's BTM several times....*SIGH* And Cher's. I love that show...
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

I love BTM, but lately they've been resorting to artists who aren't even worthy of an episode yet (no offense)... like Creed, Barenaked Ladies when there are so many other artists out there they haven't even done yet.

And the Aaliyah episode was awful... they could find enough to fill up an hour, so they kept dragging out pointless stories and events to make it last... I wish they had done better.
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
"And then Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen, lost his arm in a horrible car accident...

'But fuck man, how can I be a rock n roll drummer with just one bloody arm..
Didn't stop him from trying to strangle his ex.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
Yep, I love that show. I really liked the Billy Idol one. He is insane. The Oasis and Black Crowes BTM are some of my favorites.

Oi, yeah I forgot Billy's BTM- his was funny- like how many times does he say "I hate old people!"? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom