"Behind Blue Eyes"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
IMO, this is the best song the Who ever wrote. The way it goes from slow acoustic ballad to guitar rock back to slow acoustic ballad...:drool:

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you

No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

I love that song! :drool: One of my favorite songs of The Who along with Won't Get Fooled Again and Love Reign O'er Me.

inmyplace13 said:
Limp Bizkit FTW!

Take that back. Right now. Or I'll force you to listen to The Fray's record from start to finish nonstop through headphones with the volume all the way up.

:wink:

Some of my favorite lyrics
When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

:drool: :drool:

Certainly one of my favorite Who songs, probably surpassed only by Love Reign O'er Me and Won't Get Fooled Again. Pete's solo version from Lifehouse Elements is absolutely stunning as well.

I actually love the limp bizcuit version.. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I heard it at the end of the film gothika and think I prefer it to the original.. :ohmy:

partygirlvox said:
I actually love the limp bizcuit version.. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I heard it at the end of the film gothika and think I prefer it to the original.. :ohmy:

:ohmy:

The Best 5 Who songs:

1. A Quick One, While He's Away
2. Baba O'Riley
3. Behind Blue Eyes
4. Won't Get Fooled Again
5. Eminence Front

I know I put a post-Moon song on the top 5, but it's still one of their most badass tunes.

"IT'S A PUT ON!"

partygirlvox said:

You just killed a small part of me.

Really like the song but i don't like the hard rock bit. I think if they'd just kept it acoustic it would have been better.

Lancemc said:
Going to see The Who this thursday.

Eminence Front :rockon:

You need to let me know how it was. I saw them in September, and they were absolutely incredible. Roger sounded great, and the energy from Pete astounded me. When the intro to Baba O'Riley started, the whole place erupted; I have yet to see anything else like it.

partygirlvox said:

I really appreciate the limp bizkit version. I think it was one of Limp Bizkit's best. I'm not a big fan of the who, I do like them, but as background music. They seemed largely forgotten about here until they made it to the theme songs for the CSI shows.

1stepcloser said:
Really like the song but i don't like the hard rock bit. I think if they'd just kept it acoustic it would have been better.

I kind of agree with that because I love the acoustic bit, I love the rock bit but I hate the transition between the two. I just don't think that it really works very well at all- it doesn't sound smooth. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom