beavers, moose, hockey, and poutines!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
Let's talk about Canada, eh? Anything and everything related to the True North Strong and Free goes!

To get things rolling... How much Canadian Tire money do YOU have?

Me personally? Probably about 5 bucks.

My stepdad just bought a snowblower entirely with Crappy Trash money just this week. :|

My stepdad just bought a snowblower entirely with Crappy Trash money just this week.

We could probably buy something big like that as well. Over the past four years, we've collected over $400 worth of the stuff. I am so tempted to waltz in there and make them count each and every last cent!

Re: Re: beavers, moose, hockey, and poutines!

starsgoblue said:

This American doesn''t even know what that means....

In fairness, I HAVE seen those beer commericials cracking on us Americans...:wink:

Okay, Canadian Tire is basically a big store with EVERYTHING in it. You can buy hardware, hockey sticks (always important in Canada), bathroom appliances, kitchen appliances, etc. And Depending on how much you purchase, you get rewarded with Canadian Tire money (usually only a couple of cents worth at a time). It looks sort of like Monopoly money...has the same value too. :wink: If you save for long enough, you can buy something worthwile.

Mr. BAW said:
I'll take beavers for $500, Gibsongirl...:)

I've actually only seen beavers twice in all my life, and the bloody things swam away before I got to look at them properly.

Now moose, on the other hand... They wander into my back yard all the time.

Re: Re: Re: beavers, moose, hockey, and poutines!

GibsonGirl said:

Okay, Canadian Tire is basically a big store with EVERYTHING in it. You can buy hardware, hockey sticks (always important in Canada), bathroom appliances, kitchen appliances, etc. And Depending on how much you purchase, you get rewarded with Canadian Tire money (usually only a couple of cents worth at a time). It looks sort of like Monopoly money...has the same value too. :wink: If you save for long enough, you can buy something worthwile.

Thank you...I was so confused....

Speaking of snow, I can't wait either! It'll be nice to get on the ski slopes again. :drool:

:hmm:

Things I always enjoy on my trips north :D

TheBeerStore.jpg

Lays-K.jpg

image_202824.jpg

Canadian%20dollars%20sm.jpg

dandy said:

i actually like starbucks better. :reject:

:faint:

Thank God I live in a small town. The nearest Starbucks is two hours away...and I can't stand the stuff! :wink:

One thing that does make me feel sick about Tim Hortons is the cappuccino. I feel like bringing up my Timbits whenever I smell it.

Souly said:

You don't have ketchup chips down there?! :shocked:

No! Can you believe it? I always bring home as many bags as I can fit in my carry-on or I order them from canadianfavourites.com :D

We got ourselves some new bills. :up:

ooooh, maybe I'll get some pretty new money next month!!!

Last edited:
dandy said:
at the risk of sounding un-patriotic, tim horton's coffee is vile, heinous stuff.

:reject:

:shocked:

A huge double double is the highlight of my morning every day I'm in Canada :drool:

I've never heard of ketchup flavored potato chips before.
You learn something new everyday.:slant:

U2dork said:
I've never heard of ketchup flavored potato chips before.
You learn something new everyday.:slant:

WHAT?! How can you people not have heard of ketchup flavoured chips?!

Please tell me you have roast beef flavoured chips...

Oh, and roast chicken flavour. Humpty Dumpty's roast chicken chips are the best. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom