Beaver Liquors - 110 E Beaver Creek Blvd Avon, CO Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between entering politics to promote legislation and relocating to New Zealand centres and abroad, business remains central to Dalziel's exploration of Vogel.

If it were me.

"From this point" flows out of the previous sentence, but actually, changing the order around like that might work ...

"From this point" flows out of the previous sentence, but actually, changing the order around like that might work ...

Yeah, I always find that if your explanation is a bit lengthy like that, it's best to put your point at the end so as to lead back to it, otherwise, you could get to the end of the sentence and forget the point. I don't know the context, but I'm assuming this is a summary at the end of a paper?

Yeah, I always find that if your explanation is a bit lengthy like that, it's best to put your point at the end so as to lead back to it, otherwise, you could get to the end of the sentence and forget the point. I don't know the context, but I'm assuming this is a summary at the end of a paper?

Actually, it's close to the start, introducing the book's focus - basically I'm saying it's true to its name, Julius Vogel: Business Politician. The previous sentence is "The biography is brief on details about his early life and only gets into gear once Vogel establishes himself as a newspaper editor and publisher."

Actually, it's close to the start, introducing the book's focus - basically I'm saying it's true to its name, Julius Vogel: Business Politician. The previous sentence is "The biography is brief on details about his early life and only gets into gear once Vogel establishes himself as a newspaper editor and publisher."

Ah, I see. Hence the "from that point." Makes sense.

Ah, I see. Hence the "from that point." Makes sense.

I'd like to work with your idea of changing the order but I can't come up with a way to make it flow with the previous sentence (and subsequent one) and I've got to print this right now. So I'm going with the following, which I hope at least has more clarity than the longwinded bollocks I initially had. Thanks everyone, for at least focusing my thoughts.

The biography is brief on details about his early life and only gets into gear once Vogel establishes himself as a newspaper editor and publisher. From this point, business is central to Dalziel's exploration of Vogel, including his motivation to enter politics, his goals in promoting legislation, and his relocation between centres in New Zealand and abroad.

But you got the funk and the RAGE, so what else do you need? When No Pants O'Clock rolls around, that's all that matters.

You said it all right there.

Peef...I had the WEIRDEST dream involving you yesterday. (You weren't technically in it). I and this guy from class (who I get the feeling loathes my existence) went to some place called "Pepper Guinness" (they sold...Guinness mixed with Dr. Pepper...apparently an ancient family recipe) and while we were there, Tim ( the guy) was talking to the owners about this young man they knew from up north who knew all this information about U2 and Radiohead. And they go "Yes, Dan, he's a real smart fellow, going to Penn State" and I looked up and was like....wtf, and so I go "Dan -----?!" and they looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Yeah?! Do you know him?" And in some round about way, I ended up getting you in all this shit with your parents because you knew some random person from Texas.

Yes...I don't know WTF that was all about.

I'd like to work with your idea of changing the order but I can't come up with a way to make it flow with the previous sentence (and subsequent one) and I've got to print this right now. So I'm going with the following, which I hope at least has more clarity than the longwinded bollocks I initially had. Thanks everyone, for at least focusing my thoughts.

The biography is brief on details about his early life and only gets into gear once Vogel establishes himself as a newspaper editor and publisher. From this point, business is central to Dalziel's exploration of Vogel, including his motivation to enter politics, his goals in promoting legislation, and his relocation between centres in New Zealand and abroad.

imo, that is much better.

You said it all right there.

Peef...I had the WEIRDEST dream involving you yesterday. (You weren't technically in it). I and this guy from class (who I get the feeling loathes my existence) went to some place called "Pepper Guinness" (they sold...Guinness mixed with Dr. Pepper...apparently an ancient family recipe) and while we were there, Tim ( the guy) was talking to the owners about this young man they knew from up north who knew all this information about U2 and Radiohead. And they go "Yes, Dan, he's a real smart fellow, going to Penn State" and I looked up and was like....wtf, and so I go "Dan -----?!" and they looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Yeah?! Do you know him?" And in some round about way, I ended up getting you in all this shit with your parents because you knew some random person from Texas.

Yes...I don't know WTF that was all about.
Ha. That's out of control.

I also enjoy how I can be referred to as a guy "from up north" down in Texas. That cracks me up.
:love: I wish I could still have a sig

I lose mine in like two months. I have never paid a dime for this site.

I have no idea...I am scared it's on some autopay thing! :yikes:

Then the blue crack will be taking money from you FOREVER! :evil:

I'd say mine will auto roll over. I reckon it did when I paid for it off mums credit card back in the days before I had one.....it kept paying for about 2-3 years, until her card expired :lol:

Ha. That's out of control.

I also enjoy how I can be referred to as a guy "from up north" down in Texas. That cracks me up.

I lose mine in like two months. I have never paid a dime for this site.

I woke up and almost literally said "what the fuck."

I love that I am apparently aware while I asleep that I'm in Texas. That's kinda unsettling as well. Don't want to get too used to this place.

How'd you manage that?

Then the blue crack will be taking money from you FOREVER! :evil:

I'd say mine will auto roll over. I reckon it did when I paid for it off mums credit card back in the days before I had one.....it kept paying for about 2-3 years, until her card expired :lol:

That's the thing! I ain't got a lot of extra funds, ya'hear?

peef...i had the weirdest dream involving you yesterday. (you weren't technically in it). I and this guy from class (who i get the feeling loathes my existence) went to some place called "pepper guinness" (they sold...guinness mixed with dr. Pepper...apparently an ancient family recipe) and while we were there, tim ( the guy) was talking to the owners about this young man they knew from up north who knew all this information about u2 and radiohead. And they go "yes, dan, he's a real smart fellow, going to penn state" and i looked up and was like....wtf, and so i go "dan -----?!" and they looked at me like i was nuts and said, "yeah?! Do you know him?" and in some round about way, i ended up getting you in all this shit with your parents because you knew some random person from texas.

Yes...i don't know wtf that was all about.

omg!

I woke up and almost literally said "what the fuck."

I love that I am apparently aware while I asleep that I'm in Texas. That's kinda unsettling as well. Don't want to get too used to this place.

How'd you manage that?

I was given my membership as an anonymous gift from someone like a year and a half ago.

Quite frankly, I find it hard to imagine using this site without it. I have no means to pay with since I don't have a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom