Beatles albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exit thru Wire

The Fly
Hey

I have heard many Beatles songs but dont have any of their albums, or know which ones to get. Can you guys help? If you suggest your favourite/the best 3 albums by the Beatles it would help me a lot. Cheers.

All the proper albums from Rubber Soul to Let It Be are completely essential. Pick whichever ones you want from that set. They all rule. You can't go wrong.

(For the sake of it, I'll rank 'em:

• Revolver
  • The White Album
  • Rubber Soul
  • Let It Be
  • Magical Mystery Tour
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  • Abbey Road

But I'm weird. Most people would rank Abbey Road (much) higher and Magical Mystery Tour and Let It Be lower.)

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't exactly know about Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine or Let It Be.
But Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles (a.k.a. The White Album) and Abbey Road are quite essential. :up:
I think with those five and the 1 compilation you have a good collection. :)

Popmartijn said:
Well, I wouldn't exactly know about Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine or Let It Be.
But Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles (a.k.a. The White Album) and Abbey Road are quite essential. :up:
I think with those five and the 1 compilation you have a good collection. :)
Well, Yellow Submarine doesn't count. And the other two are totally awesome.

The two Past Masters volumes are also pretty crucial, but you can score most of that with the 1 compilation, as you say.

-revolver
-sgt pepper
-help
-let it be

i know you asked for 3 but those are probably my 4 favorite. also the past masters or 1 collections are good to have since a lot of their singles weren't included on albums.

I'm in the same boat as well. I just started off with the greatest hits and went to used record stores and worked my way up from there.

If you want 3 excellent albums, you can't go wrong with:

1. Abbey Road
2. Sgt. Peppers
3. Revolver

But if you want familiar songs, you might really enjoy Magical Mystery Tour. Even though it's not exactly a cohesive album, many times it's the one I like the most!

thank you!

Looks like Revolver, The White Album, Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road are the favourites, ill go scout some prices.

Once you become a die-hard and have the major releases, then start checking out some of the compilations.

Personally, I dig the Anthologies, especially the second and third ones. A lot of funny studio banter, and different takes on familiar songs (my fav being the alternate version of "Tomorrow Never Knows").

Depends. Which songs have you heard so far and you like best?

I would suggest something from each era: A hard day's night from the early years, Help or Rubber Soul from the mid-years and White album or Let it be for the late years.
(I don't like Sgt pepper or Abbey road that much)

I still think Sgt Pepper is one of their best albums. I know its difficult to decide for three of them, but the White Album and Abbey Road are a must. But i agree that Let it Be etc. are great albums too.. plus when I was a kid I listened to Hey Jude in repeat, so its kinda overplayed in my ears

Here are my favs...

1. Abbey Road
2. Revolver
3. The White Album
4. Sgt. Peppers
5. Rubber Soul
6. Magical Mystery Tour
7. Let It Be

I recommend that you get them in that order. But any order is fine, and they're all essential albums. They all have that 'Beatles magic.' :wink:

Sgt. Pepper's is one of my favorite albums of all time :up:

"Within You Without You" is as good as songwriting gets imho :yes:

I also second the White Album :up:

If you're looking for the best compilations of songs, I would recommend the "The Beatles 1962-1966" and "The Beatles 1967-1970" compilations... I was introduced to the Beatles through these and I still think they are the best collection of Beatles songs out there... a great introduction to every period of the band :yes:

hippy said:
Sgt. Pepper's is one of my favorite albums of all time :up:

"Within You Without You" is as good as songwriting gets imho :yes:

I also second the White Album :up:

If you're looking for the best compilations of songs, I would recommend the "The Beatles 1962-1966" and "The Beatles 1967-1970" compilations... I was introduced to the Beatles through these and I still think they are the best collection of Beatles songs out there... a great introduction to every period of the band :yes:

I was just checking the tracklistings, and I like certain songs on several different albums. Rubber Soul, Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper, White Album,... I think I have them all as well as the Beatles "1". It's a good collection covering a lot.

And yes, I grew up with the good ol' red & blue collections of 1962-66 and 1967-70. Those were essential items growing up, that's for sure :love:

In My Life and With A Little Help From My Friends... All You Need Is Love... ...

learn2kneel said:
Start with Help, then get Rubber Soul, then Revolver, and just keep going chronologically till you get to Let it Be. They're all amazing.

Do this.

Start with Help and just go in order.

Back
Top Bottom