Beam me up, Scotty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im a huge fan. I was fortunate enough to meet him many years ago. He visited Perth on the condition that the convention was held at a train station as hes a train nut. He also wanted a ticket on the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Sydney (3 day trip) and a bottle of Bells Whiskey for everyday he was in Perth.

He was very sweet and entertaining. He mentioned how after Star Trek ended he became depressed as he had been so heavily type cast as Scotty he couldnt get many other acting roles. One day he decided to give up fighting it and just spend the rest of his working life visiting conventions of people who wanted to see him. He was wearing a vest with scotty dogs on it at the convention.

Hes missing some fingers from WWII. You can see both his hands in real life but in Star Trek he always had his hands behind his back, up a Jeffries tube etc so you couldnt see. Everyone in the future is perfect you know, he said.

He was sweet and charming and his autograph is one of my most sentimental possessions.

JamesDoohan2.jpg

I was reading where Mrs Doohan said that he cant remember what happened this week but boy can he still tell Star Trek stories. :heart:

:sigh: Altheizmers sucks :down:

:sad: i'm glad i got to meet him a few years ago at a convention too. he's always been one of my star trek favorites. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom