Batman, Turkey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm going to P4k Fest to get crunk with skinny-jean'd liberal arts majors. My hipster card just got laminated.

Daft Punk will be playing at my house. My house. Or, you know, in a huge field.

Actual poker. It was my lack of patience that destroyed me.

Oh dear... I tried some free online poker thing once, and kept winning virtual money... the site kept trying to convince me to use real money, but I knew that if I did, I would suddenly not be so lucky.

Oh dear... I tried some free online poker thing once, and kept winning virtual money... the site kept trying to convince me to use real money, but I knew that if I did, I would suddenly not be so lucky.

Oh but of course!!

You're really enjoying those weekends aren't ya? Watch out for Sunday.

I heard about that blizzard, hope you survive the weekend!
Meh, I'd prefer not to be on the Interland at 2AM, but the weekends are OK. I'm running with six classes this semester so I'm making the most of Friday and Saturday nights, you know?

Sunday is the Super Bowl. I won't be drunk. However, other things may come into play. I have no dog in this fight, thoguh. We shall see.

Sounds like fun! Although will this make you Ax's mortal enemy...?

This isn't the first thing I've done to garner such hatred.

I'll draw tuf bono in a train on one of the stalls, and then ACT like Inthistowntastic Bono, if that helps.

Wearing a headband, hiccuping, and talking about mermaids? You barely have to try.

I woke up naked in Ibiza and found a finished vinyl copy of The Beach Boys' Smile buried in the sand. It sounded like an album God would make.

(I was privy to a very similar conversation at a Flaming Lips gig I was at. You don't forget pretension like that.)

This isn't the first thing I've done to garner such hatred.

I'll draw tuf bono in a train on one of the stalls, and then ACT like Inthistowntastic Bono, if that helps.

Hey, I don't have a problem with indie hipsters, at least not to the mortal hatred end of the scale. I listen to the sort of radio station that plays a lot of indie stuff, and I like a lot of it. I'm not cool enough to be a hipster though. :(

Meh, I'd prefer not to be on the Interland at 2AM, but the weekends are OK. I'm running with six classes this semester so I'm making the most of Friday and Saturday nights, you know?

Sunday is the Super Bowl. I won't be drunk. However, other things may come into play. I have no dog in this fight, thoguh. We shall see.

Oh, that's a good point, I forgot it's not that late relatively. I did six classes a semester most of the time I've been in college. It's a bitch, but you get through. I wish I could enjoy the weekend, that would make it all a little more worthwhile, as it is, I need to be up in 6 hours to go film a basketball game.

Not going to a Super Bowl party? That's what I was referring to. I have a...puppy in this fight, I'm slightly interested.

Hey, I don't have a problem with indie hipsters, at least not to the mortal hatred end of the scale. I listen to the sort of radio station that plays a lot of indie stuff, and I like a lot of it. I'm not cool enough to be a hipster though. :(

You and I should start the not-cool Hipsters club.

I was just listening to Gil Scott-Heron. The Slits, Faust, Mantronix.

The Sonics (The Sonics, The Sonics) are fucking good, Peef.

I'm amused that Gil Scott-Heron is playing...Coachella, I think? He's embracing his newfound hipster followers. I really should check out his new album, just because.

The Sonics (The Sonics, The Sonics) are fucking good, Peef.

I'm amused that Gil Scott-Heron is playing...Coachella, I think? He's embracing his newfound hipster followers.

Oh, that reminds me, I haven't pined over the Coachella line-up this year yet. BRB

I've been told my real name is Dan, but that's possibly a rumor. We shall see.

Ah well, a little mystery can keep life interesting. As long as you don't find out your name's Ebenezer or something.

No offence to anyone called Ebenezer is intended. I'm sure it's a perfectly splendid name. For a fictional character.

Ah well, a little mystery can keep life interesting. As long as you don't find out your name's Ebenezer or something.

No offence to anyone called Ebenezer is intended. I'm sure it's a perfectly splendid name. For a fictional character.

The several Ebenezers in my Revolutionary America history learnings are not going to appreciate being called fictional, even if they are dead.

The several Ebenezers in my Revolutionary America history learnings are not going to appreciate being called fictional, even if they are dead.

Dead, fictional, same diff... :wink:

*flees historical wrath*

I need to go make dinner, before I have to flee the hunger-driven wrath of my housemates. Although they seem to be variously distracted by Australian Idol or some sort of first-person-shooter game that's making one of them swear a lot.

Now I have that dance song from years ago about Ebenezer Scrooge stuck in my head. The Ebenezers of the world, living, dead, and non-existent, may consider themselves avenged.

Back
Top Bottom