bathroom stall build quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friends who squat on the toilet seat are into yoga and do so for the reasons listed in that article. :shrug:

ok - that thing is just wrong.

and joyfulgirl, I have experienced that "hole in the ground with foot tread" toilet thing in Italy.

bleccchhh

I agree with Ouizy...that is SO wrong :lol:

uh...by the look of his shorts, he didn't wait for nature's platform :uhoh: :silent:

nhleft2.gif

From that site: FAQ

3. I like to read on the toilet. Can you read while squatting?

Yes, you can, but not as easily as in the sitting position, because your "lap" disappears. On the other hand, you will get the job done much more quickly, so there is less time for reading.

:lol:

Bono's American Wife said:

uh...by the look of his shorts, he didn't wait for nature's platform :uhoh: :silent:

:lmao:

Yeah, that's the thing, it seems like it would be kind of a big production to have to use this, I don't see how you could do it without stripping. God forbid you have a bathroom door without a lock :uhoh: And man, I know regular splashback can be a problem, this could get to be a tidal wave issue with the added distance :ohmy:

:crack: Again, I can't believe I'm posting about this :crack:

Last edited:
ouizy said:
ok - that thing is just wrong.

and joyfulgirl, I have experienced that "hole in the ground with foot tread" toilet thing in Italy.

bleccchhh

It was in a fancy club in Paris for me. I rather enjoyed it, actually. Felt kinda natural and primal. It was sparkling clean and I was in and out without touching anything. :up:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
haha, could you imagine going into someone's house and seeing one of those nature's platform things in the bathroom :lol:?

ah, but they won't see it if you have Nature's Curtain :sexywink:

Nature's Curtain allows Nature's Platform to be out of sight when not in use. The curtain attaches to the wall with self-adhesive Velcro?, so it can easily be laundered.

Price: $19

No charge for shipping when ordered with Nature's Platform

NP_03_3.jpg

oh gawd! who would buy that crap? oh, no pun intended.

as for splashing on the seat, I now understand because I did it yesterday. sorry! it was in the handicapped stall and you can't squat as well. but not to worry, I cleaned the seat off for the next person. And REALLY washed my hands.

joyfulgirl said:

It was in a fancy club in Paris for me. I rather enjoyed it, actually. Felt kinda natural and primal. It was sparkling clean and I was in and out without touching anything. :up:

Yeah, uh, mine was in the train station in FLorence after like a 4 hour trian ride. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever experienced. It reminded me of that scene from Trainspotting "The dirtiest toilet in Scotland..."

Anyone else suprised that this thread is stil going?
I am still waiting for my popcorn Joyfulgal)

Side story to send this down an a similar avenue:

When my girlfriend (at the time) and I went to Paris for Valentine's Day a few years back - we needed to take the train to my Uncle's house. We had some time before the train departed, and I ran to use one of the pay toilets. A guy was walking out, so I walked in - did what I needed to do - and was just zipping up when the lights went out.

This was followed by soapy water spraying all over the place (the sanitation process). I washed my hands (in the dark) and then tried opening the door. I wouldn't open. I WAS STUCK! I stood in this dark pay toilet for close to 45 minutes, waiting for either someone to pay to go in - or here my pleas for help.

Finally, this woman dropped some change in the entry - and I scared the crap out of her as I jumped out - relieved and willing to pay her for her use. Shocked, she stood their with a blank stare - and then shut the door to use the toilet.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend was sitting in the train station cafe - wondering where I was - and checking out French guys (hence, EX-GF)!!!

Prolly one of my favorite moments in my life.

ha ha! that's funny. reminds me of when I was in paris trying to figure out how to get IN one of those things.

zonelistener said:

Side story to send this down an a similar avenue:

When my girlfriend (at the time) and I went to Paris for Valentine's Day a few years back - we needed to take the train to my Uncle's house. We had some time before the train departed, and I ran to use one of the pay toilets. A guy was walking out, so I walked in - did what I needed to do - and was just zipping up when the lights went out.

This was followed by soapy water spraying all over the place (the sanitation process). I washed my hands (in the dark) and then tried opening the door. I wouldn't open. I WAS STUCK! I stood in this dark pay toilet for close to 45 minutes, waiting for either someone to pay to go in - or here my pleas for help.

Finally, this woman dropped some change in the entry - and I scared the crap out of her as I jumped out - relieved and willing to pay her for her use. Shocked, she stood their with a blank stare - and then shut the door to use the toilet.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend was sitting in the train station cafe - wondering where I was - and checking out French guys (hence, EX-GF)!!!

Prolly one of my favorite moments in my life.

:lmao: :lmao: :wave:

zonelistener said:

I'm not surprised--people like toilet humor. They just do. It's a fact of life that we must all accept. This is the most viewed thread on page 1 after reality TV shows and the randoomdumdumthing.

What movie are we seeing?

yes pay toilets is a weird concept :huh:

you know what grosses me out? When people come out of the stall and wash their hands with only a little rinse of water, and don't use and soap, even though there is plenty :yuck:. A couple of weeks ago I used the last of the toilet paper in a stall and there was a woman waiting to use the bathroom so when i came out i told her that the stall was out of paper. She says, "that's alright" and goes in anyways! What was she going to do use her hand :barf:? There were to other stalls, why didn't she just wait? Freak.

ew....

my friend went to Thailand and there was no toilet paper. Just a little jug of water next to the toilet.

:|

Edit: Zoney, was your gf not concerned that you were gone for 45 minutes??!!

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Edit: Zoney, was your gf not concerned that you were gone for 45 minutes??!!

First off, ILLM - you are complaining about people (women) only using water? I would say a good chunck of men NEVER wash there hands after using the bathroom.

And. sweetthing, this is just one of the many reasons why this is an ex-girlfriend.

Eww. Did I already post about the man I saw when I worked in this small town supermarket? From the doorway/register area you could see clear across the highway to the train station. He was a local and known for being weird, alway with a smoke dangling out his mouth. He sauntered in to the mens with a cig dangling and came out 30 seconds later with a cig dangling out.
:|

Back
Top Bottom