BASEBALL COMING; This is the year!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
This is the year the Red Sox finally get rid of the Curse!

Thank you!

Peace

I wouldn't get my hopes up (trust me, I've been getting mine up for way too many years now).
It looks like Bartolo Colon will end up a Marlin, we'll have Pedro, Lowe, Wakefield and then chopped liver. With the new found lack of range in the infield (They'll regret letting Sanchez go), Derek Lowe will give up more seeing eye singles this year and won't recreate last year's performance.
Adding Mendoza helps, but while the Sox add Mendoza,Walker, Giambi-lite and Bill Mueller, The Yanks raid Cuba and Japan for potential all stars and have a starting staff that goes 8 deep.
Tough to compete with Steinbrenner's cash.

Elvis Presley said:
da chowdaheads will choke as per usuall

P E S S I M I S T

AS for second base...I agree. Todd Walker has never blossomed into the player he was touted to be as a your prospect playing for New Haven.

Mendoza is indeed a nice addition. And rumors are he will get some saves by committee. I have always thought Mendoza would make a nice one if given the chance. Wakefield.....will the knuckle behave????? They have Fossum, but he is too young to count on. Burkett is eewwwwwwwww

C Variteck
1/B Giambi
2 Walker
SS NOMAAAA
3B Hillenbrand
RF Nixon
CF Damon
LF Agbayani
DH ?????????

Still this is the year!!!!!

They did not find the piano there by the way!:scream:

Elvis Presley said:
da chowdaheads will choke as per usuall

"as per" is redundant, and using the word "per" here sounds strange.

Dreadsox said:
This is the year the Red Sox finally get rid of the Curse!

Thank you!

Peace

u let floyd get away....

and u r trying to trade shea...(for harpo's bro)

and u just agreed to a tentative w/ that power hitting 3B Mueller...

and your owner/pres. is sooo pissed he is calling the yankees the evil empire(?)

but then again as a dodger fan, the irony of pedro striking out deshields for the last out of his no-hitter was not lost on me....

Re: Re: BASEBALL COMING; This is the year!!!

us3 said:

u let floyd get away....

and u r trying to trade shea...(for harpo's bro)

and u just agreed to a tentative w/ that power hitting 3B Mueller...

and your owner/pres. is sooo pissed he is calling the yankees the evil empire(?)

but then again as a dodger fan, the irony of pedro striking out deshields for the last out of his no-hitter was not lost on me....

I hate the YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

HATE HATE HATE HATE

THEY ARE THE EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

See, now I am twitching DANG IT ALL!!!!

Dreadsox said:

C Variteck
1/B Giambi
2 Walker
SS NOMAAAA
3B Hillenbrand
RF Nixon
CF Damon
LF Agbayani
DH ?????????
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Money Ramirez actually beats out Benny "bowling ball" Agbayani for the left field job

Manny will be the DH.....

Cross out the ???????

This is the year....

I can feel it.....

Peace

Re: Re: Re: BASEBALL COMING; This is the year!!!

Dreadsox said:

I hate the YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

HATE HATE HATE HATE

THEY ARE THE EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

See, now I am twitching DANG IT ALL!!!!

Yes, agreed. If you read Ball Four, you'll find out how the Yankees abused the reserve clause back in the 50s and 60s to become so successful. I'm sure they do the same thing with current salary rules, so its not as though our hatred is unfounded. You see, other Red Sox fans give crap like "Oh if we could just win one title..." No, I disagree. I think we should win 26 titles without letting the Stankees ever win another one. Then their fans will be crying every year, and we'll be the ones taking joy in their misery. You think that sounds harsh? Ask Red Sox fans from the past 84 years about being treated harshly.

But back to the game, I kind of have doubts that Theo Epstein can hold his own in the organization. I mean I know that he is a "player's GM" and all, but does he have the shrewdness to make the right moves? We still have a fairly weak outfield, especially after we let Floyd go. Our pitching is pretty good, but that's really no different from last year. We did lose Urbina though, so I don't know if someone else can step up to make the big saves. Looks like it will be "closer by committee" (Chad Fox, Mendoza, Timlin), which I actually prefer to having just one guy be the stopper. Guys like Mueller and Walker will be good defensively, but I really doubt if they can provide the pop we need in the lineup.

I think that if Johnny Damon gets hot, and Manny can get along with the management, we will have a fighting chance. We need an infielder to step up too, be it Walker or Mueller, and we need Nomar to stay productive consistently. If Lowe can prove that he is no one-trick pony, and Wakefield doesn't let the knuckler jump all over, it would be great. And hopefully Jeremy Giambi doesn't prove to be a total bust. If it all works out, we can get back to the World Series. But then, things never work out the way you expect. Either way, I think they will contend.

sox_logo.gif

as far as a curse, there is some validity to it, but then again it could just be superstition.

the giants will do well, but have many hurtles this year, i predict.

the A's are probably going to win the World Series. they did pretty good last year, if i remember correctly.

of the two bay area teams, the A's for sure have a better chance..but remember this is earthquake terrritory!

Peace!

:)

Back
Top Bottom