Barry Sheene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I may have mentioned it here before....I like bikes, especially motor bikes.
Barry Sheene was a World Champion bike rider for many years. Whatever class of bike he rode and in later life , whatever vehicle he drove, he lead the pack.
But I just liked his style and his humour and his immense heart. He was from the UK, but he moved to Australia, to have a quieter life. Thankfully he didn't stay quiet for long. He has been instrumental in the success of many a great rider and event. He became a media identity here in Oz. I would always listen to Barry's comments because he knew the in's and outs of the industry and what was really going on..plus he was very very witty.
He died of cancer recently, much too young.
He'll be missed. He was a great athlete. As one of his mates said
"an ordinary man who did extraordinary things"

RIP champ

one of the reasons I thought barry's obit belonged here was he had some wicked mullet action going on. I'll find a pic one day to show you.
I wanted to mention the passing of another favourite son. I rave on here about the ABC radio and TV. I love it.
Paul Moran, a camera man witht he ABC, was killed in a car bomb blast in Iraq. They showed a selection of his footage on the news. He had a brilliant eye. He was working with Eric Campbell , a reporter I enjoy from "Foreign Correspondent", so I've guess I've seen lots of his footage. He has a beautiful wife and a 7 week old daughter Tara. He knew he had a dangerous job and he loved to do it. The more uncensored images we can see, the better. People like him are brave. He'll be missed too.

Back
Top Bottom