Bangkok, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, for a city that promotes itself as Australia's sporting capital, it's fucking hard to find anything on Melbourne TV that isn't played on an oval field. I love you, Melbourne, but come the fuck on.

They're certainly AFL capital of the world, but given how many Melburnians I hear carrying on about how they're the sporting capital of the world....I doubt it.

Hey Wild. :wave:

Got to love it, people in England can watch it live while people just a ten hour drive from the venue can't. Fuck you, Channel 9.

They're certainly AFL capital of the world, but given how many Melburnians I hear carrying on about how they're the sporting capital of the world....I doubt it.

Yeah, and you could probably make a fair case for it being a major global cricket centre, and Australia's soccer city, but rugby codes might as well not exist.

By the way, I saw the attendance at the AFL today was 100,012. I thought they'd permanently downsized the MCG so that its capacity was just below six digits?

Righto, Ian, I've got audio of the game from radiosport.co.nz now. Let's see how this goes.

I'd love to know where the standing room is.

Probably they're selling space on the platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations. It's close enough to hear the roar of the crowd - $100 per person!

And what the hell, the commentators reckon the Warriors just got a penalty only due to having enough supporters at the venue to put up a decent-sized roar? :huh:

Probably they're selling space on the platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations. It's close enough to hear the roar of the crowd - $100 per person!

And what the hell, the commentators reckon the Warriors just got a penalty only due to having enough supporters at the venue to put up a decent-sized roar? :huh:

:laugh:

I might keep the radio commentary on quietly in the background to keep up with you.

:laugh:

I might keep the radio commentary on quietly in the background to keep up with you.

I'm getting this feeling somebody up there, maybe the non-existent lord himself, doesn't want me watching or listening to this game. The stream kept buffering as it was, and all of Firefox just suddenly closed on me.

Well, let's see how it goes this time.

I can't get the radio commentary to work either.

In the dropdown menu, nothing seemed to happen when it was set on Network, but it's working on Wellington - albeit buffering like hell, which makes no sense, since this is just voice and should be at a tiny bitrate that my DSL should find piss-easy. I could understand music buffering, but not this.

Hey cin! :wave:

My pizza just finished cooking, oh yeah. :drool:

First place is chocolate, second is potato, third place goes to pizza :drool::drool:

I made a stew thing. It's got beef, frozen veg and V8 juice, I added mushroom and potato to be fancy. It's ok but I should have taken my sisters advice and browned the meat in flour. Oh well. It's better than the Ramen noodles I was planning on. :D

Ballz, that's 8-0.

The buffering means I must be well behind you. They were only just talking about how it's 4-0, and nothing's happened since.

Might give up on this if it doesn't improve.

Oh, there we go, trytime.

First place is chocolate, second is potato, third place goes to pizza :drool::drool:

I made a stew thing. It's got beef, frozen veg and V8 juice, I added mushroom and potato to be fancy. It's ok but I should have taken my sisters advice and browned the meat in flour. Oh well. It's better than the Ramen noodles I was planning on. :D

I think I'd put pizza in at second place. :drool:

I keep meaning to make a stew. My mother's been making them a lot lately and keeps telling me how well they turn out.

I take it everyone's off listening/watching the game

Can't they multi-task :tsk:

It was even more dead during the AFL grand final. I would've liked somebody to talk to! But it seems I'm more addicted to the Internet than some. Gee, who would've guessed. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom