BANG Magazine on Hip Hop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
From what I can tell, all of the good music magazines are british. I think America tends to ignore the value of printed material. Case in point, the new Brtisih magaine Bang. It is a new magazine, and certainly not the best out there, yet. But it is the funniest (I think their tagline is "the UK's dumbest rock 'n' roll magazine) . They cover music news, but some of their news bits are farces. Here are some examples:

EMINEM RUNS OUT OF FAMILY MEMBERS TO TORMENT
Having exhausted a list of relatives to denounce and abuse, Eminem's potty tongue has lashed out at a new target - your mum. The unexpected and disturbing attack appears on the controversial rapper's latest single and has provoked shocked reactions from the music industry, the rap community, and your mum. "She is deeply upset," said a source close to your mum. It is impossible to print any part of Eminem's revolting tirade, but one thing is certain; no-one deserves to be described by language so foul, so repugnant, so sickeningly offensive - not even your mum.

HIP HOP "OUT OF RHYMES"

The rap world was plunged into chaos last month when the last original rhyme in the English language was committed to wax. Whthin hours of Eminem acolyte Steady Vickers rhyming "Columbine High School" with "Foo yung and fried rice, fool," rhymologists from England's famous Oxford College confirmed that every possible rhyme, including really contrived ones that don't quite work, have been recorded. Top rappers are now in talks as to how to move the artform on from this dire situation. Suggestions include learning Swahili, making up new words like Professor Stanley Unwin and going back to the first ever hip hop rhyme ("party/hearty") and working through them all again, in order.

theSoulfulMofo said:
From what I can tell, all of the good music magazines are british. I think America tends to ignore the value of printed material.

I think you make 2 fantastic points there.

Sad, but very very true.

did you read the first post, mofo? :sexywink:

The first was funny, reminded me of the Onion article about how Marilyn Manson had to go around pissing people off because everyone thought Eminem was more controversial than him. So was the second. :lol:

:shifty:

I ripped this post totally from another forum. Didn't realize it had first person commentary.

Sorry.

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom