Bands Reunited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristenF

The Fly
Is anybody watching the VH1 show" Bands Reunited " ?
For anybody who was a teenager in the 80's (like me), it's really interesting to see what happened to all these different bands that were popular back then.
Quite a lot of them are working regular jobs now-like insurance & construction. I guess they were'nt getting the multi million dollar record deals that artists get today. At least I assume not, since so many of them work normal day jobs.
If you grew up during that era, or at least like the music from then, it's worth checking out.

I've watched most of them so far.
Pretty interesting. Love the echo of Gary Cherone telling Aamer about Nuno..."Don't piss him off!"

I've seen a lot of these, too. Some really good episodes, too. I felt bad for the members of Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Extreme who were willing to get back with their bandmates, and then the others said no and it didn't happen. Also felt bad for the fans of those bands, too, 'cause they'd have been looking forward to seeing their favorite bands together again.

Heh, I found it funny on last night's show, how the one guy from Dramarama was explaining that it's weird to think that he went from being in a band to working with people's sewers or whatever it was he was doing now, and I was thinking, "You just made a lot of musicians who are still going strong today find a new love for their jobs".

I also found the reunions of people who'd dated at one time kinda interesting...how weird would that be, reuniting with someone you used to date?

Brings up an interesting question: if any of you were in a band at one point, and you broke up, and were asked to reunite, would you do it?

Angela

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I felt bad for the sax player from Romeo Void, who could no longer play because of ear problems. :(

Oh, I know! How awful, particularly when he was sitting there watching the rest of them perform...:tsk:. Such a shame. But that's cool that he still came to visit them anyway. And he seemed so proud of them when they were up on stage. They all seem like really nice people. Hopefully they'll going to keep in touch more often now.

Angela

I was so stoked to see the Romeo Void episode (and I felt bad for the sax player too!!). I also need to see the ones on Dramarama, and A Flock of Seagulls. I caught most of Kajagoogoo. The rest i really don't care if I see or not...

I've been busy so I missed this. :( I'm really interested in seeing the ones for Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Romeo Void, but I don't care much about the rest. Oh, well, VH1 always reruns things a billion times, so I'm sure I'll catch the episodes sometime.

I caught a few episodes; pretty funny stuff. U2 better come out with an album in 2004 or Adam might be doing contruction jobs on the side too ! Edge will become an insurance agent, Larry, a bus driver, and Bono a sunglasses salesman.

Back
Top Bottom