Bandana, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine you're a helluva lot of fun to get drunk with, Ax.

(We didn't have enough to drink that one time. Time flew.)

I've only ever got drunk with other people once, so who knows! I remember it ended in jokes about how FAR was the only person going to bed with pussy. NO SHE HAS A CAT PEOPLE MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER PLEASE.

I need to get to Adelaide! Really the only thing I'm worried about at the moment is my fish. Who will look after the poor guys. I'm more attached to them than I really realise.

And ten minutes later, the first round of the day!

Y'see, this is why JT took so long to record - 1986 Bono was a drunk, wife's-birthday-forgetting, motorbike-offering-to-doomed-Maori-roadies hack. But a nice guy, I'm sure of it.

Haha. Plus he was ON A MISSION! On a CONSPIRACY OF HOPE! Hanging with $TING! Learning how to make the BIG BUCKS! Poor people? Ah fuck 'em, we'll play a few shows for them then release multi-platinum albums and buy mansions!

Except $ting kind of failed there.

I'm holding a glass of port in one hand, making the metal horns with the other, and headbanging, because I've discovered black metal and tipsiness go well together. God, how am I this tipsy this quickly. I may be starting to approach drunk.

I could snap back into pretenses of sobriety if I needed to post elsewhere or write an e-mail or something, but I'm having fun.

God.

You know, watching the interview, I think Larry's had a couple. He's not hammered (yet) but he's definitely had a drink or two.

I've only ever got drunk with other people once, so who knows! I remember it ended in jokes about how FAR was the only person going to bed with pussy. NO SHE HAS A CAT PEOPLE MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER PLEASE.

I need to get to Adelaide! Really the only thing I'm worried about at the moment is my fish. Who will look after the poor guys. I'm more attached to them than I really realise.

Oh yes, the night you were drinking vodka out of wine glass, right? Yeah, we should do a thing. Hopefully around the first holidays? I'd like to go to Melbourne again as much as you'd like to come to Adelaide.

I've only ever owned fish once (well, twice - once we bought some goldfish to live with our pet turtle. We didn't realise why they wouldn't last long) but I found a real liking to that guy. I wonder what happened to him. Seriously, I can't remember him dying or anything. Maybe I'll get some more one day, but mainly right now I just want a dog.

Haha. Plus he was ON A MISSION! On a CONSPIRACY OF HOPE! Hanging with $TING! Learning how to make the BIG BUCKS! Poor people? Ah fuck 'em, we'll play a few shows for them then release multi-platinum albums and buy mansions!

Except $ting kind of failed there.

Hey, they released like thirty political prisoners! or something. Still didn't get Leonard Peltier, out, though... probably couldn't even now. That's a shame - but it doesn't stop U2's COH performances from being Peterrrrrrrrrr Classics™. Personally, I just liked the bit from the LA show where Bono tore up his oversized shirt and turned it into... yes, that's right... a bandana!

You know, watching the interview, I think Larry's had a couple. He's not hammered (yet) but he's definitely had a drink or two.

Yeah, I think that gives a thing to the theory that the bottle they're sharing is Something Else. He seems less competent than Edge and Adam during the performance, too.

Wow, I'm getting into real train of thought speech, now.

Haha I think so am I, but it's cool. I think it's about time I got more port. Shame this'll be the last glass of the Penfolds good stuff. I have an unopened bottle of port left, the stuff I was bribed with to go to a Christmas gathering at an American-themed diner, but I expect it to be kind of crappy port. It looks a bit cheap. But not nasty. Just cheap. We'll find out sometime. Tonight? Maybe not. I have dregs of some reds to dispose of.

Ax totally needs like a big purple hat with a peacock feather sticking out of it.

I actually once dressed as a pimp for a friend's 18th birthday party.

Shame the one photo of me from it has Kate in it too. But I could see if I can dig it up if you guys would like to see.

Yeah, I think that gives a thing to the theory that the bottle they're sharing is Something Else. He seems less competent than Edge and Adam during the performance, too.

I still can't figure out why the hell there's two pieces of paper taped to his kit. one on his rack tom (if you can call it that) and another on his crash boom stand.

And he makes another Weird Al reference. I'm starting to worry, Ax.

It kind of worries me too, since I can RELATE to White And Nerdy.

WHY THE HELL CAN I RELATE TO A PARODY I MEAN FFS PEOPLE.

I suppose it makes sense, though. I mean, I know Pi to 353 decimal places and run a U2 setlist website. Says it all.

Oh yes, the night you were drinking vodka out of wine glass, right? Yeah, we should do a thing. Hopefully around the first holidays? I'd like to go to Melbourne again as much as you'd like to come to Adelaide.

I've only ever owned fish once (well, twice - once we bought some goldfish to live with our pet turtle. We didn't realise why they wouldn't last long) but I found a real liking to that guy. I wonder what happened to him. Seriously, I can't remember him dying or anything. Maybe I'll get some more one day, but mainly right now I just want a dog.

Yes, that infamous night! It also featured a giant "cocktail" of vodka, lemonade, and red cordial. Mad shit. Lemonade being Sprite, Americans. Keep up with the funky English lingo.

I've owned fish a good few times. These ones were Kate's idea, actually. She thought I should have some kind of pet so that it's not just me here. And I have become attached to them. I'm surprised they've lived so long! Over 1.5 years now.

Hey, they released like thirty political prisoners! or something. Still didn't get Leonard Peltier, out, though... probably couldn't even now. That's a shame - but it doesn't stop U2's COH performances from being Peterrrrrrrrrr Classics™. Personally, I just liked the bit from the LA show where Bono tore up his oversized shirt and turned it into... yes, that's right... a bandana!

Man, Bono was all about the bandanas. WHAT HAPPENED BONO. THEN IT BECAME SUNGLASSES AND IT WAS ALL DOWNHILL.

It kind of worries me too, since I can RELATE to White And Nerdy.

WHY THE HELL CAN I RELATE TO A PARODY I MEAN FFS PEOPLE.

I suppose it makes sense, though. I mean, I know Pi to 353 decimal places and run a U2 setlist website. Says it all.

:uhoh: 3.141592..... something?

Holy shit.

Crop it?

I don't think I actually looked like a pimp. I remember it ... not being pimpin'. We had no idea what we were doing. Kate and I were sheltered kids at this point.

I'll see if the pic still exists.

Yes, that infamous night! It also featured a giant "cocktail" of vodka, lemonade, and red cordial. Mad shit. Lemonade being Sprite, Americans. Keep up with the funky English lingo.

I've owned fish a good few times. These ones were Kate's idea, actually. She thought I should have some kind of pet so that it's not just me here. And I have become attached to them. I'm surprised they've lived so long! Over 1.5 years now.

Man, Bono was all about the bandanas. WHAT HAPPENED BONO. THEN IT BECAME SUNGLASSES AND IT WAS ALL DOWNHILL.

Ooh, reminds me of the giant cocktail I had with my mates of moonshine, rum, scotch, beer, weed and miscellaneous. Yes, that was a little bit potent - we gave most of it to some other kid. :uhoh:

Speaking of which, I was truly thinking of getting some weed tomorrow. You know, for InthisBoxingTownDay.

Bandanas and sunglasses were two of the coolest things in the world to me when I was a kid. I sort of just affiliated them with XTREME video game characters, which to me means that an Inthistowntastic RPG makes perfect sense.

Correct! Though the digit after the 2 is 6, so you should've rounded up.

Man why am I talking about this while I'm drinking port.

Oh yeah, 'cause I'm drinking port. Penfolds aged tawny port. Fucking hell I'm a pompous nerd.

Oh NOW I'm hungry.

I wish I had something I could just take out of the fridge or heat up or whatever and BOOM!, meal is good to go.

Sup ho's, how's it hangin' in da crib yo!

axpimpkopiens4.jpg

I'm seeing both Bono and Larry do this :ohmy: a lot when they move their heads too fast.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edge and Adam were in the back smoking everything but their shoes. Shame they didn't smoke that beret, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom