band that america forgot: Moloko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
what a great band! they're rather hard to genrelize, probably somewhere between trip hop, funk, soul, jazz, and house. Pop the way it should be... intelligent, playful, and distinctly unique.

There's a lot of crazy humour, darkness, and depth.. an interesting combination. And I love bands where you sort of get a sense of the band members (in this case 2 folks) as people from listening.

I understand they are fairly popular in Europe, but across the Atlantic we basically don't hear about them at all.. except maybe their single "sing it back" that made it fairly big.

they really did very well over here during the festival season

I was just wondering about buying their latest album about a week ago :hmm:

They're very popular here in Oz. They're headlining a festival here in Sydney next week, also featuring Gangstarr, Blackalicious, Soul II Soul, Lee Scratch Perry & The Mad Professor and many many others. Pretty sweet.

salome.. their new album is very excellent at what it does.. so if you like what they do, their new album is the epitome of it, with some lovely slow ballads.

tyler... that festival sounds like it will kick the ass of anybody with their ass in a near enough vicinity. killer lineup! now i just need something like that to happen in my vicinity and i will be a happy happy young boy.

i saw them at glastonbury...my greek flatmate was a huge fan. It was fun, music that got everyone dancing, etc... :)

moloko is part of the trip hop genre

along with lamb
goldfrapp
portishead
tricky
massive attack

oh and the singer of moloko is not bad looking actually

I saw Moloko this summer. Awesome festival gig. And yeah, Roisin Murphy is sooooo sexy! And her voice is overwhelming. She just plain rocks. (And her eyes are just mmh).

Check the first album, which is full of Triphop.. Fun for me being one of their first great hits. the last album is less mellow, rel. fast beats.. not DnB though.. inspired by electro/ tech beats.. with beautiful arrangements (Familiar Feeling).

Actually, Roisin is an Irish girl,...

I've heard 'Forever More'. Pretty cool. The beginning is far better than the rest of the song though.

Yeah, the beginning kicks major ass pants moreso than the rest of the song perhaps, but overall it's pretty great i think. especially cause once you get to the end, you want to hear the beginning again right away.

Back
Top Bottom