Banana, Kiribati Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo36.jpg

Crime And Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. 10/10.

READ THIS. Step over your mother and father and everybody else you hold dear to get yourself a copy.

It's one of the best books I have read in my life. Brilliance from start to finish, and has influenced my own writing deeply.

Photo36.jpg

Crime And Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. 10/10.

READ THIS. Step over your mother and father and everybody else you hold dear to get yourself a copy.

It's one of the best books I have read in my life. Brilliance from start to finish, and has influenced my own writing deeply.

I was just going to ask why I wanted to read Dostevsky. That's it. *makes memo*

See! I'm not doing this, cause all I read is sci-fi these days!

Post it! Then there will be some books up Alison's alley when she reads back over this awesome hyper-nerdy picspam.

...people read Shakespeare for FUN?!

Henry V and Macbeth are awesome, man.

I keep meaning to get onto Henry IV and Hamlet ... I also have an untouched copy of Othello.

IMG000219.png

I love love love love love love love love loved this book! I also happen to be obsessed with time travel, and this was anything BUT a normal time travel book. Well, it wasn't really time travel at all, it was more like a time warp. Ahh it was so great. Except, it was probably a bit too long. 7.5/10.

...people read Shakespeare for FUN?!

Yes. And Hamlet's my favourite. Though I do enjoy A Midsummer Night's Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Julius Caesar, Romeo and Juliet, and the plot of Othello, though I've never actually read it.

Post it! Then there will be some books up Alison's alley when she reads back over this awesome hyper-nerdy picspam.

Henry V and Macbeth are awesome, man.

I keep meaning to get onto Henry IV and Hamlet ... I also have an untouched copy of Othello.

Othello is one of the most boring messes I've ever read. Admittedly Hamlet and Macbeth are okay. *pretentious theatre snob*

Never read "The Shining" when you're camping. I refused to exit my tent.

IMG000221.png

I FINALLY finished this two weeks ago. It took me like three freaking months cause something kinda important interrupted my reading :shifty:. Anyways. It probably is as good as everyone says it is, I just definitely need to read it again in a shorter span of time. But don't think I didn't like it, cause I seriously did, I just don't know how ready I am to dive into the rest of the series, I can get caught up in things like this :uhoh: 7/10.

Ooh, I have that. *makes memo*

Is it as good as the movie?

DO. NOT. READ. THE SHINING. IF. YOU. EXPECT. KUBRICK'S. MOVIE.

I'm sorry, I'm just, WAY more of a fan of the book than that film. It's a good film on it's own, but it tore that book to shreds.

IMG000221.png

I FINALLY finished this two weeks ago. It took me like three freaking months cause something kinda important interrupted my reading :shifty:. Anyways. It probably is as good as everyone says it is, I just definitely need to read it again in a shorter span of time. But don't think I didn't like it, cause I seriously did, I just don't know how ready I am to dive into the rest of the series, I can get caught up in things like this :uhoh: 7/10.

Dune! :hi5:

Photo37.jpg

You're not going to read this casually. However, it's of great historical interest. Siegfried wrote it in 1914, pretty much contemporaneously to the political events of the late 19th and early 20th century that he describes. New Zealand at the time was doing some really innovative political stuff and Siegfried captures a lot of the mood in his analysis. His biases show strongly. It's very academic, in a kind of tedious early 20th century mould, and I haven't actually read ALL of it because a couple of chapters are on topics I just couldn't give a shit about. What particularly interests me is not what he says, but what he doesn't say - the way some things that seem trivial at the time gain significance with the passing of history should become very clear to any educated and informed reader.

Oh, I wasn't expecting Kubrick's movie, I was just wondering how it matched up quality wise.

It's my favorite King book, and King's my favorite author :)reject: ?) so...yeah. It took a lot for me to like something more than IT.

The movie is quality, the book is quality, but they're nothing alike.

picturef.jpg

U2 By U2 - by U2, and some other guy who wisely chose to downplay his contributions.

350 pages of narcissistic musings from rich, tax-evading Irishmen that can't even be saved by the pictures, because Bono is too damn fat. Most damning book since If I Did It by OJ Simpson.

sellout/10

So I'm the only one here who hates Shakespeare? :(

I hate SOME Shakespeare. A Midsummer Night's Dream and Romeo And Juliet both blow incredibly.

Forgot to mention before that I rather dig The Tempest, though.

Should I review the stuff I skimmed for history classes last semester? :lol:. I never did read all of anything :uhoh:

picturef.jpg

U2 By U2 - by U2, and some other guy who wisely chose to downplay his contributions.

350 pages of narcissistic musings from rich, tax-evading Irishmen that can't even be saved by the pictures, because Bono is too damn fat. Most damning book since If I Did It by OJ Simpson.

sellout/10

:lmao: Win.

picturef.jpg

sellout/10

That is sitting in my closet unread...should I...should I burn it?

picturef.jpg

sellout/10

I can see why Ashley's into you. 10/10, Traviud.

It's my favorite King book, and King's my favorite author :)reject: ?) so...yeah. It took a lot for me to like something more than IT.

The movie is quality, the book is quality, but they're nothing alike.

I think I would like IT if I read it, I saw the film and went WTF? at the end. Tim Curry as a psychotic clown, though? :crack: DO. NOT. WANT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom