Bama Beats Kentucky at Rupp Arena (Late but Good News)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yes, for the first time since 1989, my Crimson Tide basketball team beats the legendary Kentucky Wildcats at the legendary Adolph Rupp Arena, the basketball eguivalent of the Florida Gators' (football) Swamp.

After losing to Achtung Bubba's Auburn Tigers a week earlier (he was there), I sat through a very stressful 40 minutes of play, confident most of the time (we started the first 5 minuted on a 6-0 runm and the first 4.5 minutes of the 2nd half on a 9-0 run), but figuring we would blow it (as we had done in Auburn last week).

Kudos to Alabama's sophomore Antwan Pettway; last year he was on academic scholarship but not athletic, but his performance has now gotten him an athletic scholarship as well, and this year he is the toughest player on the team.

This week, Alabama faces inconsistent/unpredictable Arkansas (Johnny Swallow), fresh off of a big upset over Florida; the Pigs were the last team to beat Bama at home. Then on the LSU for another chapter in the coaches with clashing personalities.

March Madness can't come soon enough.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by TheU2:
Binghamton University - going to the big dance in 2003.

Right, and they'll face my alma mater, Birmingham-Southern College, in the championship game, after Binghamton knocks off Arizona and BSC knocks off Duke in the Final 4. All of this in BSC's first tourney eligible NCAA season.

~U2Alabama

OH HELL NO!!!!! Fool, your team may have beat Kentucky this time. But do you think they can truly handle the Cats?!?!? No. I think not. Ooooo shamby bamy. Anger, resentment. Let me just say- you may have beat us this time, my friend, but wait til you play us again.... no mercy. NONE!!! You'll be cat food. Feel it!! Smell the tuna!!

------------------
Southern playalistic

We will meet soon in Atlanta (SEC tourney)! If we can beat you in Rupp, we can beat you in Atlanta; just as our football team did to Florida in '99 (in the Swamp AND in Atlanta).
We will beat you yet again.

~U2Alabama

P.S. If it makes it any better, at least you beat #6 Florida tonight, 70-68, AT Florida, nonetheless, another intimidating venue. Our coach (Gottfried) was ejected from the game down there last year.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
OH HELL NO!!!!! Fool, your team may have beat Kentucky this time. But do you think they can truly handle the Cats?!?!? No. I think not. Ooooo shamby bamy. Anger, resentment. Let me just say- you may have beat us this time, my friend, but wait til you play us again.... no mercy. NONE!!! You'll be cat food. Feel it!! Smell the tuna!!

Smell the heartbreak of a crumbling empire? UK hasn't been the same since Pitino left.

And tonight:

Alabama 109
Arkansas 94

At one point we were leading by 35. This is the most points we have ever scored on Arkansas.

Back
Top Bottom