Balls, Kinston, North Carolina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug:

There is life outside that cardboard box.

I think life outside the cardboard box is the source of Liam's worry. Don't worry, Liam, withdraw to the box and I shall toss you a daily offering of a Tim Tam to keep you amused.

Oh, the debate, the debate.

Naw, I just don't feel I have anything to contribute to conversations anymore.

Oh, hey Bonnie, wish you'd been around to take us to that location! And goodnight Liam, all the best and stuff. :wave:

It's disturbing, isn't it? Feels good though. How've things been going for you?

It's mad disturbing, but it's also insane heaps good.

Yeah, been pretty good. Been pretty productive lately too, actually - well, as far as somebody going to an employment agency every day goes, I guess. I think the unfortunate fact that I seem to have become a coffee drinker is evident of that (energy drinks do nothing for me now, and they're like 560% sugar, which isn't good for The Health).

You may be happy to know that I've been getting into Maori history within the past day or two and I've been like WOW, this is EXACTLY the sort of history that kicks arse! The battle at Gate Pa sealed the deal for me. I'm currently trying to track down the movies Utu and Once Were Warriors, I think Amazon is in order as I also wanted to get a movie set on the Oglala Lakota Pine Ridge reservation and a book on Jundamarra, an Aboriginal resistance fighter who led a highly-skilled gun-armed guerrilla party across western Victoria for a few years.

... Geez, I'm so white.

... Geez, I'm so white.

Don't worry, an even whiter person just posted above you.

All that stuff sounds good. I've seen some of Utu, none of Once Were Warriors. Have you tracked down Michael King's history of the Moriori, A People Rediscovered?

U

-

WEN

Sup?

What's rolling down in the diggity hood, yo?

Not much really, got a couple essays due in a couple weeks, then an exam... Currently I'm so bored I'm looking for a freelance photography job to supplement my income / enable me to buy more camera stuffs.

U-Wen, I'm about to leave for the night. Can you swing me details on Saturday stuff? I'm making good progress on my work, so if I can keep that up, I might be in ... :indecisive: I feel like I'm running out of time on everything, even though I'm probably comfortably ahead of schedule.

map.gif

I have no idea what's really happening - I think we're leaving at 9, so we'll probably get there around 10.30 or 11ish. If you do plan on coming, let me know asap so I can arrange to swing by and get you somehow, because I don't think I'll be driving.

Righto, better sleep. Night folks. :wave:

Edit: should be able to let you know by lunchtime tomorrow, U-Wen.

Don't worry, an even whiter person just posted above you.

All that stuff sounds good. I've seen some of Utu, none of Once Were Warriors. Have you tracked down Michael King's history of the Moriori, A People Rediscovered?

Yeah, I watched a bit of Utu, and it looked like a Last of the Mohicans that didn't completely suck. Mainly because the main character is actually a full-blooded Maori played by a Maori, rather than some supposed half-breed played by a white fellow with makeup so as to appeal to the common white audience, but anyway, you get the idea. Once Were Warriors is meant to be amazing, so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Still haven't seen the Moriori book anywhere, unfortunately. I'll look into acclaimed book about the Maori, however. I'd like to get a bigger background on them before diving into the Moriori subject.

Have a good one, Ax. :wave:

What's rolling down in the diggity hood, yo?

Not much really, got a couple essays due in a couple weeks, then an exam... Currently I'm so bored I'm looking for a freelance photography job to supplement my income / enable me to buy more camera stuffs.

Oh, bugger all. Job hunting. Currently in Yorke Peninsula for the weekend. So far, my plans consist of making one of these.

Freelance work sounds good, I've been dropping in a lot of resumes around the CBD looking for some illustration and animation work, although they were first draft resumes that are embarrassing to look at now, as I didn't bullshit nearly enough. Life of a starving artist, eh.

Sorry, I got distracted by A Thing.

Oh, bugger all. Job hunting. Currently in Yorke Peninsula for the weekend. So far, my plans consist of making one of these.

Freelance work sounds good, I've been dropping in a lot of resumes around the CBD looking for some illustration and animation work, although they were first draft resumes that are embarrassing to look at now, as I didn't bullshit nearly enough. Life of a starving artist, eh.

Wow, Yorke Peninsula. I know precisely nothing about that place, although your plans sound pretty good!

And yeah, looking for any sort of graphics-related work is annoying since the market tends to be flooded with people, at least with amateur / semipro photography. I guess Knowing People is the way to go with that, although with your skills I wouldn't think you'd be going too badly.

And I just realised what time it is, so I'm outta here! :wave:

Sorry, I got distracted by A Thing.

Wow, Yorke Peninsula. I know precisely nothing about that place, although your plans sound pretty good!

And yeah, looking for any sort of graphics-related work is annoying since the market tends to be flooded with people, at least with amateur / semipro photography. I guess Knowing People is the way to go with that, although with your skills I wouldn't think you'd be going too badly.

And I just realised what time it is, so I'm outta here! :wave:

You should learn more about Yorke Peninsula! Not that it's interesting or anything, though. And it was nearly fucking impossible for the Narrunga/Adjahdura to live here - thanks to the rubbish flora, they had to get fire from their Kaurna neighbours at the top of the peninsula half the time! This tradition probably continues to some extent today, but with bogans, and Bundaberg O.P. rum.

Ah, shucks. You've got some fine talents yourself, bro.

And, out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom