Badly Drawn Boy in DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
well damon and his pals got their US tour started tonight here in DC, played a monster show of nearly 2 1/2 hours, plenty of great moments whether they were highlighting the piano, acoustic guitars, jamming with everything at once or just rocking out the old fashioned way, great show, very sincere and yet down-to-earth and they are more than willing to poke fun at themselves... overall just a great atmosphere for enjoying quality music

after a few awkward moments early in the set (and this was the first night of the tour), the band got stronger throughout as they got more and more comfortable; there were some very impressive new arrangements of songs from their 1st album and the soundtrack album they did earlier this year for About a Boy; the new songs they played, probably 7 or 8 off the upcoming album due out Nov 5 were exciting, sounds like this new album will have more of a sonic blast to it than the more wistful tones of their previous releases, but that could have been just the way they decided to play the new songs live, dunno for sure

if you have a chance to see them, do it, I only wish the new album had been released before this, but oh well, still a great experience! :sexywink:

and I almost forgot, in one of the more melancholy moments of the night, Damon talked about meeting Jeff Buckley just a short time before he passed away, and dedicated a new song to him, called "i was wrong"

:up: ah cool!!! I was wondering if anyone here saw him.. I'm probably going to see him in L.A. on the 8th. I wish he'd play Phoenix though dammit. 2 1/2 hours? sounds awesome. can't wait to get the new album!

D'ya happen to have a setlist? i could look, but then i'd have to look for one................

blow this

:angry:

sorry, I don't have the order, but this is what the played:

The Shining (start of the encore set)
Everybody's Stalking
Fall In A River (fucking great version of that song, a real standout)
Camping Next To Water
Once Around The Block
Magic In The Air
Cause A Rockslide
Pissing In The Wind (finale)
A Peak You Reach
Something to Talk About
Above You, Below Me
Silent Sigh (stunningly beautiful live)
River-Sea-Ocean
Walking Out of Stride
A Minor Incident

some new song titles:

How
What Is That Now?
I Was Wrong
Did You Feed the Fish?
Sleep in Silence

there were several more new songs performed, most of them he didn't give titles for, just said they were "new"

Last edited:
Thanks, wow.. sounds like it was great. Silent Sigh is one of my favorite songs, i can't wait to hear it live.

BDB is awesome

very similar to Elliott SMith, actually

though not quite as good ;)

ooh you saw him!! glad you had fun!

when is their new album coming out, do you know?

April the song he played on Conan was You Were Right... the first single of his new album (came out oct. 14th and deleted the same day hahaa.. so clever). it indeed was great performance!

the new album is coming out um uh november 5. yes.

:drool: can't wait... need $.. i..

I'm holding myself back this time... as much as it sucks ass to have to wait so long. I ordered the Canadian ltd edition so at least i'll have that... ? f.

yeah, you'll be ok because your show is after the release, if I could have gotten these songs before the show that would have been great, but hearing them now just confirms what I heard the first time, the new songs are fabulous!

there was a thread about this last week, I gave a short review of the show in DC, it's on page 2 now if you want to check it out, or let it check you out :sexywink:

Last edited:
The Wanderer said:
better than Elliott Smith, actually

gah!!

blasphemy!!!

sometimes I think he intentially tries to copy elliott voice and song structures!

but he IS good...I will say that

I just got dizzy

Was wondering where my thread went.....

Review of the Minneapolis show.
Damon had a cool 9:30 Club sitcker on one of his guitar cases...thought I would mention that to the D.C. crowd.

Anyway...seems like things are still a bit akward witht he guys he is playing with. He had to restart three songs because they were playing them too fast. It was odd. He seemed pretty grumpy.

For two different songs, he said he wanted to be the next Bono, and even picked a woman out of the crowd and sung to her. It was pretty funny.

Not the best shopw I have ever seen - but I like Damon anyway. I had a good time. Hopefully he will get used to his bandmates soon.

Back
Top Bottom