Babylon 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
How good is it? :D I discovered dazzledbylight was a fellow Fiver and decided to flush out some others...

... and this is where all the people who hate the show will tear me apart, I suppose. :)

Just to cover myself, I like Star Trek and Star Wars and Firefly and lots of other sci fi too, so I'm not interested in a B5 v. Trek v. Star Wars v. Firefly etc debate.

I just adore Babylon 5 - the characters are brilliant from day one, the storyline arches and intertwines over five seasons (yes, I know fifth season was crap), and while there are always flaws in any TV show, the characters are so good that I'm happy to forgive them in B5's case.

:rockon:

This was an excellent show - one of the best science fiction series ever. I didn't pick up on it until it was in its fourth season, so I remember catching an episode and becoming intrigued, although I had no idea what the storyline was. Luckily, it was in syndication and all the old episodes kept re-airing, so I watched the whole thing straight through. It was awesome.

Season 1 has some good moments, but the series really came into its own at the beginning of Season 2 when Bruce Boxleitner joined the cast. After that, the story really began to evolve. So stay with Season 1 through its ups and downs, because 2, 3 and 4 are absolute classics.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the pilot, and it's awful. Very over acted with a bad script and whatnot. But I just did some looking and the pilot is generally considered to be quite bad, so I'm hopeful for the seasons. I got season 1 ready to go.

Nope, not yet. Looking forward to it.

The characters and the races are so goofy, and the acting :lmao:, but once you get passed all of it, it is entertaining.

The stories are getting progressively better, and even the acting seems to be improving. Not sure what happened, but very slowly everything seems to be clicking. I'll definitely finish Season 1. I'l see what what after that.

Back
Top Bottom