B-52s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Okay, so I've only heard the big songs - "Love Shack," "Private Idaho," "Rock Lobster," etc. But I do enjoy them. I'll probably pick up a comp at some point.

But my more immediate question is about the new album, Funplex. From what I've heard of it in FYE yesterday, I really like it, which shocked me. It's getting what seems like decent reviews. I was just wondering if any fans had heard it and what their impressions might be.

I've only heard the title track so far, but based on that I've decided that I must purchase this album posthaste. :D

I'm so glad that Cindy Wilson came back for this one... Good Stuff was OK, but the B's just aren't the same without her & Kate Pierson together.

'Funplex' has saved Rock N' Roll

I bought it the day it was released and I have to say it is not only THEIR best album, but it is the best comeback album I've heard from ANYONE!!!! Run, do not walk, to buy this!!!! :rockon:

Re: 'Funplex' has saved Rock N' Roll

asr said:
I bought it the day it was released and I have to say it is not only THEIR best album, but it is the best comeback album I've heard from ANYONE!!!! Run, do not walk, to buy this!!!! :rockon:
:hyper: That's it - I'm buying it this weekend! :up:

We should continue this as an appreciation thread

because not only is their music funky and fun, they were a MAJOR force in the New Wave movement of the late 70's/early 80's. I wonder if any memebers of U2 have mentioned them, or vice versa.

I got the album Saturday & am very pleased with it. A couple of the tracks will have to grow on me lyrically, but the music & vocals are top notch! :up: :dancing:

Back
Top Bottom