Avril Lavigne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mini fahs all love Avril. They think that playing the guitar and riding a skateboard are cool. They don't like all the makeup and clothes (or lack of) that some other singers wear. I bought one cd for them to share and bought a second just so a war wouldn't break out in my house. The only negative thing I'm going to say is that Avril dropped out of high school - not cool.

AvsGirl41 said:
Her songs could be worse. I find myself enjoying "Complicated", actually. :shifty:

It's her act that drives me nuts. She ought to admit she's pop rock and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with that. Then, we wouldn't laugh at her.

My personal bitch with her she acts like she's the only girl in Canada to play ice hockey as a child and how that proves she's so tough. Lots of girls play ice hockey in Canada and she knows it, but that doesn't sell as well. Likewise with the skateboarding. She's not a groundbreaker by any means, but the media acts like she's a representative of "the new girl" or something, and that makes me mad.

:up:

"Complicated" is a good pop song (don't tell my boyfriend I said that or he will start singing it all the time again just to drive me crazy :crack: ;) ). I can't stand her image or any of her other songs, though.

complicated makes me cringe, sk8ter boi would probably cause me to puke all over the place if it was left on the radio too long. and those are the only two i know. i'm not willling to hear anything else she's done, she's one of few people who i really hate that come that close to making me physically sick to listen to. there are a lot of bands and singers i can't stand, but there are only a few that actually make me want to puke, and she's one of them. :|

i'm not huge on arguing about "what is punk", in fact i realy hate when people argue about that stuff. if i think about how averil is punk to mall kids, it bugs me on the basis of where my own musical tastes lie, but if i don't think of it i don't care about that, all my hatred is completely for the music.

Back
Top Bottom