Automatic... Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one?

• Automatic For The People - REM

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Achtung Baby - U2

Votes: 55 84.6%
  • Both... can't decide.. :crazy:

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay, how about this...

Arguably 2 of the greatest albums of the 90s! Not only critically acclaimed but fan favorites too! Both show the respective bands at their most introspective and personal at that point in their similar careers.

remautomatic6hm.jpg

Vs.

Achtung.JPG

Once again, I can't decide. I love 'em both! :love:

Last edited:
Always considered Automatic for The People R.E.M's best album, but against Achtung Baby there's unfortunately nothing to do..................:bow:

Achtung Baby rules, by miles

Zootlesque, you have turned into a poll-whore!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!! :wink:

Achtung Baby!

(when i read the thread title i thought it was going to be about automatic baby, the band which combined larry mullen, adam clayton, michael stripe, and mike mills combined to perform one at the inaugural party for bill clinton)

U2Man said:
Why isn't anyone voting for Automatic? :(

Look again baybee!

;)

('cause I'm feeling cheeky -- that's why!)

Automatic for the People. One of the best albums by anyone ever.

Both still sound very fresh today, but I guess I'm a sucker for acoustic guitars.

Last edited:
00Kevin said:

(when i read the thread title i thought it was going to be about automatic baby, the band which combined larry mullen, adam clayton, michael stripe, and mike mills combined to perform one at the inaugural party for bill clinton)

:ohmy:

you mean this is not just a random picture that I found? :lol:

halfremhalfu2.jpg

redkat... Achtung Baby is my all-time fav album but Automatic and Abbey are up there too! :shrug: :wink:

Maybe, but did he have 14-year-olds calling him "The Silver Fox" back then? :wink:

U2Man said:
Maybe, but did he have 14-year-olds calling him "The Silver Fox" back then? :wink:

I guess not. :wink:

But Bono definitely looked cooler back then... The Fly.. the man behind the shades :cool: in full leather...

:drool: :shifty:

:wink:

love_u2_adam said:

thats be cause hes sssssooooo cool and we love him!!!:laugh: :love: :heart: :adam:

And you're such a cutie! :laugh: Seriously, your posts are too cute! :lol:

:shifty:

nam, I love Out Of Time but Automatic cannot be beaten IMO.

Zootlesque said:

And you're such a cutie! :laugh: Seriously, your posts are too cute! :lol:

:shifty:

nam, I love Out Of Time but Automatic cannot be beaten IMO.

Losing My Religion is the best song they ever wrote/recorded :wink:

To each his own.

Losing My Religion was the first REM song I heard. Still love that song and video! :love:

But Drive, Try Not To Breathe, Sidewinder, Everybody Hurts, Ignoreland, Nightswimming, Man On The Moon, Find The River... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom