Austin City Limits Festival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
I know there's already been a thread about this, but since it's long gone I'm starting a new one.

I just bought a Saturday and Sunday pass. Can't make Friday because I'll be in Dallas for Coldpldadysidsakjdhsudhasplay.

But I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, and at some point see Coldplay again, making me see them twice in one weekend and ruin several perfectly good pairs of pants due to the loss of control of my bodily functions.

Is anyone else going?

Coldplay and Wilco most importantly.

Others I'm looking forward to:

Keane, Bloc Party, The Bravery, The Arcade Fire, Oasis, Eisley, Death Cab for Cutie, Doves, The Decemberists, to name a few.

The entire lineup can be found here

zonelistener said:
I am seeing U2 on the 23rd...but I wonder if I can swing at the least Sunday's line-up...or maybe Saturday. :hmm:

If you decide to, you'll have to let me know. I'm seeing Coldplay the same night you're seeing U2, so I'll for sure miss that night too.

I bought a Sunday pass........and I'm probably going to see the Walkmen's aftershow at Stubbs on Friday

Xavier

I would love to go, but I am seeing U2 Friday, and the Penguins V. Capitols on Sunday (nevermind Sufjan Stevens on Thursday and Rolling Stones next Saturday).

Local news is saying otherwise. The show will go on.

go to this festival if you can -
i went a couple of years ago and it's pure class.
austin rules, and it's the consistently the most eclectic and exciting lineup of any festival anywhere.
plus, the beers are cheap.:drool:

"The organizers of the Austin City Limits Music Festival will announce tomorrow at 6pm whether or not the festival will go off as planned."

And yes, I'm in San Marcos.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Hey inmyplace are you a student at Southwest?

Texas State, yes.

It's not SWT anymore :mad:

They changed the name to make it sound like a bigger school than it is. But yes, I'm a student there.

What's bothering me is I'm back in Dallas now for Coldplay tomorrow night, and I've got a Sunday pass for ACL. I don't know how safe my drive back to San Marcos is going to be Saturday or (early) Sunday. So I'm scared of not being able to make the last day even if it's not cancelled.

This sucks. Fuck Rita.

I'm a student at UT :heart:
and I'm from Dallas...
we're like soul mates.
but yeah...driving back on saturday sounds risky...
did you have trouble getting gas?
the stations around here are out...everyone needs to chill out a bit.

No trouble at all. I left SM at 9:30 this morning and I'm back in Mansfield now safe and sound.

Driving down for ACL Sunday is my dilemma though.

I should be happy, front row Coldplay in 24 hours...

Rumor has it that the festival has been cancelled.

All it says on the web site is this though:

Update on Hurricane Rita & ACL
Just like you, we are keeping a very close watch on the weather and are being advised by meteorologists. If weather conditions appear to present any kind of danger to fans, musicians or crew, we are prepared to make the necessary adjustments to maintain safety.

We will post a notice this evening about any Festival changes due to the hurricane. Look here for updates.

Where'd you hear that tasty lil nugget, BC?

And BonoVox, hate to say it but I've been a Longhorn since the day I moved to Texas, and my love for the Horns is only outweighed by my comtempt for A&M.

Eat em up, Cats

inmyplace13 said:

And BonoVox, hate to say it but I've been a Longhorn since the day I moved to Texas, and my love for the Horns is only outweighed by my comtempt for A&M.

:mad: Just kidding.

I was the biggest 2%er. I'm not much for school rivaleries. I got education and had the best 5 years of my life there.

Well I'm having a great first month of the experience at State right now with aspirations to transfer to UT. As long as you're not one of those fantatic aggies, though, you're alright by me.

You know what scares me?

The prospect of not being able to see Coldplay, Wilco, The Arcade Fire, Franz Ferdinand, The Bravery, Doves, and Eisley come Sunday. :mad:

This has been posted on the ACL website:
Latest News on Hurricane Rita & ACL
The show is on. Thank you for hanging in there with us while we've watched the progress of Hurricane Rita. The meteorologists we have consulted with advised us to wait until 48 hours before expected landfall in order to get the most accurate look at the storm's track. As you may have already heard, the latest report from the National Weather Service shows Rita shifting further east than originally predicted, placing Austin outside the range of severe weather related to the hurricane.

Back
Top Bottom