Aurora Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlotte. :wave:

Shoegaze uses a ridiculous amount of pedals. For shoegaze, you'll need at least one distortion pedal, a flanger, reverb, and tremelo. If you're looking at getting decent quality, you're looking at $100+ per.

And tell me about it regarding expensive hobbies. I've spent $10,000 of music equipment and recording since 2002.

Yeah, I noticed pedals here, you're lucky to get anything for under $150 (Liam linked me to a few). I just want to expand what I can do with my guitar, but I'm fucked if I know where to start.

Photography's going to bleed me out of money even quicker ... :crack:

Yeah, I noticed pedals here, you're lucky to get anything for under $150. I just want to expand what I can do with my guitar, but I'm fucked if I know where to start.

Photography's going to bleed me out of money even quicker ... :crack:

Watch youtube videos. People seriously go out of their way to tell you how to achieve certain sounds. Hell, my guitar tone can sound just like this:

YouTube - U2 Running to stand still ZooTV version - Pedalboard demo with Shimmer

...because I bought some of what he has.

Oh I remember that RTSS video! Now why can't all that gear turn up in my flat overnight?

Aaand we're back! That was an earlier hiccup than usual, by a few minutes.

That, to me, sounds like torture, as opposed to any sort of positive solution.

Goddamn wasn't I making dinner?

Because we're not rich tosspots with servants at our beck and call.

This is not befitting of my pomposity!

What's with being born to non-wealthy people, seriously.

Cool, you can be my butler! I'd hate to do the job myself, but I could definitely use one.

No, no, I'd suggest female butlers is a sign of being progressive and stuff.

And I'm all about being progressive.

Hahaha I remember that. See, you can totally be a butler.

Now I just need to work out how I'm meant to pay you.

I think in the past I suggested 10c a month?

And hahahah that's great.

Back
Top Bottom