Aurora Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are five different locations for Mollie's Nipple in Utah.

Mollie has five nipples? Well, I guess if she's going to have a bazillion children like most Mormons, she'd need five nipples.

Hey Reggo, what did you do on the map for Dumb Hope, Northumberland? It appears on lists of weird place names but it seems like it doesn't actually exist (as Vazza sort of acknowledged when she made the thread).

*looks at Related Threads box* How are you going to mark "Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean" on the map, Reggo?

Inconveniently, they don't have any sort of nominal capital that could be marked ... they're an unpopulated French territory in the Indian Ocean around Madagascar.

A problem I face is that we're fucking loud. I don't know how to muffle the camera's microphone so as to make it so it doesn't massively distort everything.

Could you record the audio some other way, then synch it with the video footage?

Hey Reggo, what did you do on the map for Dumb Hope, Northumberland? It appears on lists of weird place names but it seems like it doesn't actually exist (as Vazza sort of acknowledged when she made the thread).

Inconveniently, they don't have any sort of nominal capital that could be marked ... they're an unpopulated French territory in the Indian Ocean around Madagascar.

have I gotten to dumb hope? :hmm:

ETA: I skipped it, probably because I couldn't find it. Should I mark something in its place?

Ah, so they're not randomly scattered across the whole ocean, then...

No, though somewhat willy-nilly around Madagascar. Can't fathom why the French care so much about them; other countries have claims over some/all:

438px-Iles_eparses_de_l%27ocean_Indien.svg.png

have I gotten to dumb hope? :hmm:

If your earlier effort was chronological, you would've, as it was a thread before Tutaekuri/Dogshit River.

Oh, missed your edit ... I'm really not sure, maybe just mark Northumberland or something?

No, though somewhat willy-nilly around Madagascar. Can't fathom why the French care so much about them; other countries have claims over some/all:

The English aren't the only ones who can be irrationally obsessed with claiming otherwise pointless and nonsensical territories...

It won't let me move the list around or change the names of places anymore.

See you, Alison and Reggo! :wave:

And it can't find pecker's point.

ANd I'm exhausted. I'll do more in the morning. Here's the map for now.
Superthread - Google Maps

The map is awesome. :love:

I can't find anything on Pecker's Point outside of "weird place name" lists ... the Superthread is the #1 result on Google for it! Suspect it may not exist, like Dumb Hope ...

Could you record the audio some other way, then synch it with the video footage?

I'm not exactly a pro at such things. I personally have no means to record us besides my digital camera's video device. But I'll maybe wrap a cloth around it and see if it works at our next practice with everyone present. Our bassist will be gone next Tuesday so not then.

I'm not exactly a pro at such things. I personally have no means to record us besides my digital camera's video device. But I'll maybe wrap a cloth around it and see if it works at our next practice with everyone present. Our bassist will be gone next Tuesday so not then.

Yeah, nor am I. Good luck - have you had trouble getting good quality sound with the camera in the past?

Yeah, nor am I. Good luck - have you had trouble getting good quality sound with the camera in the past?

Not this one in particular... never tried it. Maybe I'll try doing an acoustic recording tomorrow just to see. But you saw the videos of my band that I posted from our first show. The sound was pretty wretched. But I got that camera in 2004. Perhaps this one I bought for my honeymoon will be better?

Not this one in particular... never tried it. Maybe I'll try doing an acoustic recording tomorrow just to see. But you saw the videos of my band that I posted from our first show. The sound was pretty wretched. But I got that camera in 2004. Perhaps this one I bought for my honeymoon will be better?

You can only hope the technology has improved in that time! Worth giving it a shot to see if the distortion's not so bad.

You can only hope the technology has improved in that time! Worth giving it a shot to see if the distortion's not so bad.

Perhaps in a month, I'll have a slew of videos... or at least some acoustic songs recorded.

Perhaps in a month, I'll have a slew of videos... or at least some acoustic songs recorded.

Ooh, I'll be looking forward to it. :up:

I've been thinking of getting an effects pedal for my guitar, since I actually don't have any ... I just don't really have any particular idea of what I want (maybe a bit shoegazy), and god pedals cost!

I need to stop having expensive hobbies.

Ooh, I'll be looking forward to it. :up:

I've been thinking of getting an effects pedal for my guitar, since I actually don't have any ... I just don't really have any particular idea of what I want (maybe a bit shoegazy), and god pedals cost!

I need to stop having expensive hobbies.

Shoegaze uses a ridiculous amount of pedals. For shoegaze, you'll need at least one distortion pedal, a flanger, reverb, and tremelo. If you're looking at getting decent quality, you're looking at $100+ per.

And tell me about it regarding expensive hobbies. I've spent $10,000 of music equipment and recording since 2002.

Back
Top Bottom