Audioslave: LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trojanchick99

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Audioslave openned their tour last week. To everyone's surprise, they played stuff from Rage and from Soundgarden. I cannot wait to hear Chris sing Testify.

All in all here is what they played: Spoonman, Outshined, and Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden. Sleep Now in the Fire, Testify, and Killing in the Name by Rage. This ought to be good. I just love Cornell's vocals.

Quite impressive. I'd like to hear how those sounded, though I've never been much of a Soundgarden fan.

Wow, that sounds like a friggin awesome setlist.

Chris Cornell has one of the best rock vox of this generation - IMHO

Flying FuManchu said:
So Cornell rapped?

I'm sure he's capable of talking to the beat like any rapper, the question would be if it sounded like shit or not.

Two of those songs sound like they may work well with Cornell, I don't know about Killing in the Name Of, not sure if that can be pulled off well.

Cornell rules.

I just read a review of the Boston show on livedaily.com

I'm seeing them at the Wiltern in L.A. 5/20. Tickets sold out instantly. The Wiltern holds about 1500 people I believe. My friend couldn't afford the ebay tix, so I was able to get one for myself (via ebay). I never got to see them on the first album/tour. They are awesome! If anyone in L.A. is going, contact me!

ummm yea... went to the show at Roseland last night... and... yea...

:bow: tom morello :bow:

here's the setlist...
Set it Off
Exploder
*Your Time Has Come
Like a Stone
Spoonman
Gasoline
*Drown Me Slowly
*Doesn't Remind Me
*Be Yourself
Bulls on Parade (instrumentals only)/Sleep Now In The Fire (full band)
Outshined
Shadow on the Sun

Encore:
Black Hole Sun (Chris Cornell, solo Acoustic)
Soliloquy(Rush)/I Am the Highway (Cornell acoustic for first half, joined by band midway through)
Show Me How to Live
Killing in the Name
Cochise

the new songs were cool, the old (can ya really call two year olds songs old?) songs rocked, the soundgarden stuff was amazing, and the rage stuff blew the fucking roof off the joint.

zach de la rocha may be the stupidest man on the planet for ever leaving this group. tom morello is simply rediculous... i was in awe of the sounds he can make on a guitar... and not only that, how easy he makes it look... at one point he was just standing there, with a fist in the air, playing with one hand and making sounds that just aren't supposed to come from a guitar. it was a very wayne's world moment... we're not worthy, we're not fucking worthy :bow::Bow:

it's been 2 days and morello riffs are still going off in my head... i knew he was great, but it's just something else to see him do it in person... just sort of like validatioin that those amazing sounds that he comes up with is, actually, him and not some synthisizer...

but it's not just that those amazing riffs and sounds are actually comming from his guitar... it's that they're comming from his guitar as he jumps and runs around the stage like an absolute mad man

:bow:

Lila64 said:
I just read a review of the Boston show on livedaily.com

I'm seeing them at the Wiltern in L.A. 5/20. Tickets sold out instantly. The Wiltern holds about 1500 people I believe. My friend couldn't afford the ebay tix, so I was able to get one for myself (via ebay). I never got to see them on the first album/tour. They are awesome! If anyone in L.A. is going, contact me!

I'll be there. My friend scored presale tix... GA!!! I am so excited. I saw Audioslave at Lollapalooza and they were amazing, especially since they hadn't been together very long. I cannot wait to see them at such a small venue.

trojanchick99 said:

I'll be there. My friend scored presale tix... GA!!! I am so excited. I saw Audioslave at Lollapalooza and they were amazing, especially since they hadn't been together very long. I cannot wait to see them at such a small venue.

I wasn't aware of a pre-sale, although I looked online. :mad:
I couldn't & didn't want to do a lollapalooza show. And this is the first time they've been on tour since (if you call this a 'tour'). We get the last night of this tour. I didn't care where I'd be, floor or upstairs. I'm just happy to be there! Maybe we could meet and say hello?

Wasn't that show frickin' awesome? I was upstairs in the mezzanine. Stood the whole time (didn't care what anyone else thought - wasn't gonna 'do what they told me :wink:)

The pit looked to be quite crowded, not to mention at least one guy who looked to be drunk and causing a lot of fans to be pissed. Right around the time Cornell said something about bald guys and bouncers or something (couldn't understand what he said). I thought they were gonna open with 'Set It Off', but played 'Your Time Has Come' first and then went into 'Set It Off'. I was only disappointed they only played for about 1 1/2 hours. And you're right, the crowd was even wilder during the RATM songs. Would have been nice to have hooked up/met or waved to you from the balcony, LOL

:bump:

I got home a little while ago

:hyper:

They were awesome. They played at GM Place and it wasn't sold out :shocked:

It has been a long time since I've been to show that rocked so hard (I would never have survived on the floor).

They played a new song that they said no one had ever heard before. It was great and I'm guessing when I say the title is 'Love and Pain'. Chris said 'I hope you had your recorders on'.

Other highlights included Black Hole Sun (solo Chris with an acoustic guitar), Spoonman (with Spoonman himself), Be Yourself, Cochise, Out of Exile (Chris dedicated it to his wife/child), Show Me How To Live, I Am the Highway and Dandelion.

They played for almost 2 hours which included a 35 minute encore :applaud:

30 Seconds To Mars and Seether opened the show. I was pleasantly surprised. :up:

Glad to see you had a great time! I thought they were awesome back in May when I saw them. They are not due down in S.Calif til late November - tickets aren't even on sale yet. Not sure if I can make it to the next show. My friend caught them in N.Calif on Sunday - said it was great. :rockon: !

good luck - LOL

I'm sure they played - Doesn't Remind Me as well. That was one of my faves from the new album when I first heard it... Maybe I'll pop it in the player tomorrow (today).

Goodnight :wave:

Lila64 said:
good luck - LOL

I'm sure they played - Doesn't Remind Me as well. That was one of my faves from the new album when I first heard it... Maybe I'll pop it in the player tomorrow (today).

Goodnight :wave:

It took me a long time to fall asleep

And yes, they played 'Doesn't Remind Me', as well as 'Your Time Has Come' and many others that are coming back to me. :)

~such a great show~

didn't catch it, but there is 2 versions of the 'Live In Cuba' being released on Tuesday, 10/11. One is the regular DVD, and the other is the DVD with bonus CD. I'll be getting myself a copy this week :yes:

glad to see some Audioslave fans on here, i was gonna see them back in may but then they cancelled our show and played cuba, but they're coming back for a make up show on the 19th so i'll finnaly get to see them, saw them back in 2003 so hope they rock as hard, i know they will

Back
Top Bottom