Audioslave: LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw the show the other night in TO and it was killer!!! Wasn't sold out which was shocking. So we got great seats by the side of the stage an hour before the show. It was so cool being that close to Cornell (been a big fan of his since Badmotorfinger). Best moments for me were Rusty Cage and the solo acoustic version of Call Me A Dog :drool:

I got mp3 rips of the Live In Cuba DVD and promptly deleted them. Cornell sounds absolutely awful on what I listened to of it. Is he really this bad live or does it not even matter when you're there?

Im going to the MSG show and got a question.
Does anyone whove seen the current Audioslave tour know if their is seats on the floor or is it all GA. On my ticket it says that i have a seat in the GA but i cant imagine controling the 2,000 kids on the floor with chairs. Its also been a dream of mine to hear Rage live so this is the closest i can come.

I saw them in May on the pre-tour. I believe this leg of the tour has GA. I'm probably gonna miss them, sadly, because it's a bit far for me to drive alone on a Friday night in S.Calif. You'll have a great time - the crowd at my show went crazy for the RATM stuff. I bought the DVD when it came out, but haven't had any time to even crack it open...

:rockon:

saturday's show was awesome :rockon:

setlist...

1. Your Time has come
2. Set it off
3. Doesnt remind me
4. Out of exile
5. Be Yourself
6. Spoonman
7. Hunger Strike
8. The Worm
9. Like A stone
10. New Song... don't remember what the name of it was.
11. Bulls On Parade(Instrumental)
12. Sleep Now In The Fire
13. Testify
14. Slaves & Bulldozers(instrumental)/Shadow On The Sun

Encore
15. Black Hole Sun(Chris solo acoustic)
16. Getaway Car(Chris solo acoustic)
17. I am the Highway(rest of band joins chris midway through)
18. Show me how to live
19. Killing In the name
20. Cochise

Last edited:
what an amazing show! All i can say is Rage Against the Machine!!!

Everyone song on the set was solid especially the Rage/Soundgarden tracks. I got a review from the show coming up.

scheduled to appear on Jay Leno 11/22:

AUDIOSLAVE will be the featured musical guests on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday, November 22.

AUDIOSLAVE are currently on their first headlining trip through North American arenas in support of their second album, "Out of Exile". In addition to songs from both AUDIOSLAVE albums, the band are also playing material from their members' previous groups, SOUNDGARDEN, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and TEMPLE OF THE DOG. SEETHER and 30 SECONDS TO MARS are the opening acts.

Audioslave :rockon:

I'm not seeing them this tour but hopefully the band will last a few more records and I'll see them in the future.

PS - I was privileged to see RATM 2 times and I don't think a "tighter" band exists:bow: :hyper:

I hope I remember!!!

They will be in S. Calif. later this week, but I just can't travel the distance this time, especially alone. I went alone last time (in May) and it was great. But this show is farther away on a Friday night... Oh well...

Just a small review for my school paper. Uneditied of course

Who would have thought that Chris Cornell could ever combine with the crazed rockers from Rage against the Machine? In 2002 the band Audioslave was formed from Soundgarden’s front man Chris Cornell and Rage against the Machine’s Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, and Brad Wilk. A tour to promote their newest album “Out of Exile”, the reincarnated rockers found themselves in Madison Square Garden playing to rambunctious New York crowd. As fans slowly filled the arena supporting acts 30 Seconds to Mars and Seether took the stage to help ease the wait for the headlining band Audioslave. Seether did not disappoint the Garden crowd with an excellent set consisting of hits Fine Again, Truth, and Remedy. 30 Seconds to Mars also displayed a very energetic show.

As the crowd seemed to settle down, a faint guitar riff was heard in the distance and a moment later the screen covering the stage was ripped down revealing what everyone was there to see. Opening with a fan favorite track of the new album Your Time has Come the band set the stage for a memorable night. Followed up with new songs Set it Off, Doesn’t Remind Me, and Be Yourself, Cornell and the band had the crowd raging. Reaching into his past Cornell and his new band brought back Soundgarden favorite Spoonman and also performing Temple of the Dog’s Hunger Strike that left the crowd in a daze.

The crowd carried Cornell and the rest of the band during hit Like a Stone by singing all the words. Also the bad shocked the audience play debuting a new single just for this tour. Then the show really got started. As Cornell announced that his fellow band mates had prepared something special for the Garden crowd, everyone knew what was to come. With little hesitation the remains of a great rock band kicked into fan favorite Bulls on Parade unleashing fury throughout the arena. The show climaxed through the short set of Rage songs. Chairs were flying and people were in the air as Sleep Now in the Fire brought the crowd into frenzy. Then the final song of the Rage set was Testify that kept the tempo upbeat into the encore break.

Chris Cornell then appeared on stage and preformed Soundgarden hits Black Hole Sun and Getaway Car acoustically. He started I am the Highway but was later joined by the rest of the band to make the song unforgettable. The show was ended with Show me How to Live, Rage song Killing in the Name of, and first Audioslave single Cochise. Ending with those strong songs left the crowd wanting even more but unfortunately they would have to wait for Audioslave to come around again.

Back
Top Bottom