Attn: UKers et all...anyone going to V2000?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
and if so, do you wanna have a Yank along? :D

http://www.v2002.info/

I'm heading through England on my way to Norway right around the time this takes place, so I'm considering trying to go. Some excellent bands that I would love to see live (sigur ros, elbow, doves, travis) are all gonna be there.

Anyways, just thought I'd give a shout out and see if anyone else had plans or might want to make plans.

Ta!

-sula

Looks like a damn good line-up to me!

ALL ACTS IN
ALPHABETICAL ORDER

Alanis Morrisette
Athlete

Badly Drawn Boy
Basement Jaxx
Beverly Knight
Bluetones

Chemical Brothers
Counting Crows
Custom

Damien Rice
Doves

Ed Harcourt
Elbow
Elvis Costello

Gemma Hayes
Gomez
Groove Armada

Halo

Ian Brown

Kosheen

Lamb
Leaves
Longview

MacAlmont & Butler
Mull Historical Society
My Vitriol

Nickelback

Original Bedroom Rockers

Primal Scream

Royksopp

Seafood
Shaun Ryder
Sigur Ros
Soft Cell
Starsailor
Stereophonics
Stereo MCs
Sugababes
Supergrass

The Beta Band
The Burn
The Coral
The Crescent
Travis
Turin Brakes

I like all of these:

Athlete
Badly Drawn Boy
Basement Jaxx
Chemical Brothers
Counting Crows
Damien Rice
Doves
Ed Harcourt
Elbow
Elvis Costello
Kosheen
Leaves
Mull Historical Society
My Vitriol
Seafood
Sigur Ros
Starsailor
Stereophonics
Stereo MCs
The Beta Band
The Coral
Travis
Turin Brakes

There are some on the list that I kind of know and like, but I don't them that well. The only two I definitely don't like are Alanis Morrisette and Nickelback.

Jealous, so jealous....you should definitely go if you can. I wish I could go. Next year, I suppose...hopefully the lineup will be as good! :(

I'm going!!!!! I'm going to the Weston Park one in Staffordshire. I forget where the other one is. Which one are you planning to go to Sula? It would be cool to meet up sometime :)

I can't wait!!! I agree about the line up - it's going to be fantastic. The only annoying thing is we're not going to camp there because my sister, who's going with me, has been really ill and is not really up to camping. So we're going to stay in a hotel or somewhere I guess. It'll still be great though!!!

Heard back from my English buddy in Stoke and he will definitely put me up and come with to at least one day of the fest. So pending my purchase of air travel, I am planning to go to the Staffordshire one. :yes: Truly, I'll PM you and we can make meeting plans. :up:

Any more takers?

Just a few tips of great acts of that list I would recommend you NOT to miss if you will go :) :

(these are the ones that I've heard. There were a bunch on that list that I never knew existed so I dunno if they're any good..)

Ed Harcourt

Elvis Costello

Groove Armada

Lamb

Primal Scream

Royksopp

Sugababes ( good pop music)

Turin Brakes

of course people have different musical preferences but I just love doing this, just for fun :D
I'm soo living through others festival-experiences right now...
I'm constantly thinking about my friends in Roskilde. I've got a strong urge to sleep in a freezing, small tent, drink lotsa beer and dance around to great music all night long!!
It sucks to be stuck at home with a job! (and especially my job) :scream:

Of all the acts there, I would pay to see by themselves the following:

Chemical Brothers
Counting Crows
Elbow
Elvis Costello
Groove Armada
Kosheen
Lamb
Primal Scream
Sigur Ros

Most of the rest I'm also really interested in!

Unfortunately there's about as much chance of me going to see that, as there is of my brother sprouting wings and getting a job as a submarine vendor. plah.

Decent line-up but nothing touches Witnness this year, all the best acts of the Brit festivels PLUS much more!!
Oasis, prodigy, chemical brothers, badly drawn boy, Air, Mercury rev, Foo Fighters, No Doubt, groove Armada, Cornelius, The Frames, Starsailor, Primal Scream, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, more more more more, it's sickening! And I'm gonna be there in 3 days:ohmy:
Check it out at www.witnness.com
I ain't messing when I say this is the greatest line-up on Irish soil EVER!:yes:

some of the bands appeal to me (Counting Crows, Gemma Hayes, Gomez) but I wouldnt really consider going to a festival where there are so many bands I'm not mad about, and some I plain dont like. (esp. as I'd have to go to England anyway)

Would rather wait and catch the ones I really wanna see playing live on their own I think.

Back
Top Bottom