attn: hermes and other comic-lovers (part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just discovered the series "Squee" by Jhonen Vasquez. I have never ever laughed so hard over a comic before. It's basically all about this guy's (creator) childhood fears being manifested. It's very morbid, sick humour; watch out for lots of kids exploding, Satan's son, the 'Tickle Me Hellmo' doll, aliens fighting over who gets to abduct Squee...

There is a lot of detail in his drawing; and the details are often the funniest. If you enjoyed "Lenore", you'll enjoy this one, too, and they're from the same label, Slave Labor Inc or something like that.

There are only 4 issues of Squee altogether; not that hard to collect, I guess. Now, I have to find out how to order them online or hunt them down in local stores... If you can help me, thanks. Please post the link to mail order here.

foray

------------------
the only thing I know is that I know nothing

Foray, at the risk of me sounding redundant, didnt ya check out Milehigh comics? I did a quick search and they do carry the four issues. Although the first issue is worth some 20 bones! http://www.milehighcomics.com/

I have been too busy lately to catch up with what's going on in the comic bizz. If I see this in the nearest bargin bin I might pick it up. But I did manage to pick up the new GI Joe
biggrin.gif
awww yeah knowing is half the battle.

You must check out Vasquez's I FEEL SICK, it is superb and funny as hell.

A new Lenore series is rumoured to come out soon.

In a different vein of comics, is BLUE MONDAY, which I have been making all of my friends read. It's a great title for people who love the 80's but were honestly too young to do anything about it.

------------------
Steve
SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy

Back
Top Bottom