Atta boy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
This is one of the little paychecks that makes having kids so great. Driving the kids home after a little trick-or-treating. My 7-year old son asks me to play Elevation (the live DVD version). A minute or so later, I take a peek in the rearview mirror and see him ROCKIN OUT to the song. He is singing and jamming away!

U2 - it brings the family together!

Hmmm

So how do you think your kids came to appreciate U2? Think it is just the overall greatness of the band, or do you have their music on constantly and they are just used to it? I want to make sure my kids (that I will have someday) share my love for them - think I'll screw them up if I force them to listen in utero? You know, get a CD player hooked up to a set of those headphones for pregnant women's bellies (that a *normal* person might play classical music through)........ :hmm:

Re: Hmmm

bonosloveslave said:
So how do you think your kids came to appreciate U2?

I guess it is an example of how kids watch everything their parents do, even picking up on likes and dislikes.

Actually, my son has asked "why do you like U2?" I explained what the music has meant to me, why I have favorite songs, etc.

I think he is especially intrigued because he knows that the band members are believers. I?ve pointed out biblical references in songs and Bono?s prayers during concerts.

have you got him a guitar yet?

Sweet story to start the day nb, thanks.
I can hardly believe it was only about 2 years ago, my youngest asked to learn to play guitar. The first song we played together was "All I Want is You" (I'm no guitar teacher) He has just been teaching himself and picking up things from friends, he has really "got it" now. He came from school on Friday wanting to learn "Sweet Home Alabama" by Saturday afternoon he had it and Wish You Were Here.
I Love hearing them play,,,"the pay cheque" Son 2 is up playing "Sea Prelude" right now....LOVE it!!!

I can't resist...i am trying not to attach pics here....but I make the file size as small as possible E. Finding this pic makes me realise he only started playing a YEAR ago!!it was his brother's birthday party and a mate taught him "tears In heaven" by the campfire. I visited them in the morning and could have wept...they put their time to such good use...music!!

:yes: U2 family:yes:

Attachments

• oct2nd2001.jpg
    oct2nd2001.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom