Assawoman, Virginia Stupidthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Irvine is a pretty sharp poster, but I wish he'd stay in FYM if he's going to subscribe to an opinion THIS far away from my own. I like agreeing with people, if at all possible:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5677801&postcount=28

ATYCLB has REAL substance, guys. Pop is just an unfortunate incident that talks about...stuff. I dunno. Never bothered to pay attention to the lyrics or anything.

I AND I
IN THE SKY
YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I CAN FLY
SO HIGH
ELEVATION

Feel the real substance.

I AND I
IN THE SKY
YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I CAN FLY
SO HIGH
ELEVATION

Feel the real substance.

Dance music CAN'T have substance. If it has a dance beat, it must be fluffy Eurotrash.

In contrast, if someone is bitching about their life over an acoustic guitar, it must be meaningful.

Dance music CAN'T have substance. If it has a dance beat, it must be fluffy Eurotrash.

In contrast, if someone is bitching about their life over an acoustic guitar, it must be meaningful.

Mofo is meaningless trash about space junk. Who cares? Nothing could possibly have the emotional resonance of Stuck In A Moment.

Mofo is meaningless trash about space junk. Who cares? Nothing could possibly have the emotional resonance of Stuck In A Moment.

Europeans hate Hey There Delilah. It must have a deeper meaning. :hyper:

I sincerely hope Irvine was being sarcastic there, as he is wont to do. But I couldn't pick up on any there. Maybe a hint of exaggeration to underline his point.

Europeans hate Hey There Delilah. It must have a deeper meaning. :hyper:

I sincerely hope Irvine was being sarcastic there, as he is wont to do. But I couldn't pick up on any there. Maybe a hint of exaggeration to underline his point.

I've noticed he occasionally takes a bit of a ... well, not anti-European tone, but somewhat of a reactionary attitude towards Europe due to anti-American sentiment. I don't entirely blame him, but a post like that didn't read like sarcasm to me either; it read like stooping to the same level as the "Americans have no taste!" post.

Oh man, one of the tram drivers today totally played up for my camera. :lol:

I must upload this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom