Ashley, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i know exactly what you mean! i love doing stuff like that.

:D :hug:

Glad it's not just me then. Sometimes the simple stuff is the best and can bring happiness!

He's a freak.

I normally just call Petero "Number 10 is unpronounceable".

Sure is. Shame they've had an offish year. (Have they? Haven't reeally paid attention. Also what happened to the Titans?)

Sure is. Shame they've had an offish year. (Have they? Haven't reeally paid attention. Also what happened to the Titans?)

Penrith fell apart late in the season, much like the Titans. The Titans had the injury excuse though.

Here's something useless and lulz-worthy:

Weeks spent in the top eight, out of 26 weeks:

Sydney 26
Brisbane 26
Melbourne 25
Cronulla 25
Manly 23

Gold Coast 18
Dragons 14
Newcastle 13
Wests Tigers 11
Penrith 9
Canberra 8
Parramatta 4
Bulldogs 3
Warriors 3
South Sydney 0
North Queensland 0

Teams in bold made the 8. Talk about arsing it in.

Sydney 26
Brisbane 26
Melbourne 25
Cronulla 25
Manly 23

Gold Coast 18
Dragons 14
Newcastle 13
Wests Tigers 11
Penrith 9
Canberra 8
Parramatta 4
Bulldogs 3
Warriors 3
South Sydney 0
North Queensland 0

Epic fail by the Titans.

Yeah, I remember reading that they did fairly poorly when they started out here and moved to England, where they've had much more success.

Can't say I care much either, but I'm happy to see them win.

:laugh: I knew some guys in Queensland who came up with similar names.

Well I suppose considering the amount of bands/artists we steal and claim as our own, the world can win once.

We come up with some very stupid shit at school. Like me and this kid syd, we're both sort of into soccer (well, he is, i'm not.) and there is a player who plays for arsenal named 'Hleb'. So every time we shake hands, we call it "Hleb's Hweb to Hweb" for a web-to-web handshake.

you could ban one person 40,000 times... :scratch:

:evil: gotta at least keep it till i hit 40k! :giggle: then i'll change it again :tongue:

I'd say stop posting now, in that case, except then no one would see the hilarity. :lol:

Woot, we're in Ashley! :rockon:

I wish they'd done a set like the one they did on Friday, last night, Ax... Especially since I missed Bad on Friday!
Exit and MW... :drool:

Penrith fell apart late in the season, much like the Titans. The Titans had the injury excuse though.

Sydney 26
Brisbane 26
Melbourne 25
Cronulla 25
Manly 23

Gold Coast 18
Dragons 14
Newcastle 13
Wests Tigers 11
Penrith 9
Canberra 8
Parramatta 4
Bulldogs 3
Warriors 3
South Sydney 0
North Queensland 0

Holy hell. Go the Warriors!!! And GC missed out in the end. How long were they missing Scotty Prince for?

is anyone else scared as hell by this???

The Large Hadron Collider — designed to replicate conditions in the universe immediately after the Big Bang and due to be switched on in 10 days — is being challenged by a last-minute lawsuit at the European Court for Human Rights.

Opponents of the Collider are afraid its ability to smash atoms at such high speeds that it will generate temperatures of one trillion degrees centigrade will create a mini-black hole that could “tear the earth apart,” reports the Telegraph.

Opponents of the project had hoped to obtain an injunction from the European Court of Human Rights that would block the collider from being turned on at all, but the court rejected the application on Friday morning. However, the court will rule on allegations that the experiment violates the right to life under the European Convention of Human Rights.

Here’s the case against the collider by Professor Otto Rössler, a German chemist at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen:

CERN itself has admitted that mini black holes could be created when the particles collide, but they don’t consider this a risk.

My own calculations have shown that it is quite plausible that these little black holes survive and will grow exponentially and eat the planet from the inside. I have been calling for CERN to hold a safety conference to prove my conclusions wrong but they have not been willing.

We submitted this application to the European Court of Human Rights as we do not believe the scientists at CERN are taking all the precautions they should be in order to protect human life.”

CERN conducted a safety review and concluded there is “little chance” the collider could create black holes that could endanger the earth.

Meanwhile, environmentalists in Hawaii have filed suit in federal court in the U.S., seeking to delay the switch-flip. The case was to be heard Tuesday.

CERN’s defense, from spokesman James Gillies:

The Large Hadron Collider will not be producing anything that does not already happen routinely in nature due to cosmic rays. If they were dangerous we would know about it already. We are now concentrating on firing the first beams around the collider and then on fine tuning it until we can get collisions, when the science will start.

i know you're not talking about the tennessee titans :giggle:

is this rugby talk? :uhoh:

Penrith - That's My Team.
:cool:

God, i fucking HATE rugby league! It's league, Khan, League. Rugby (when said on it's own) is Union. You have to be careful around kiwis, french, south africans, poms, some aussies and anyone else who plays Union.
:D

I wish they'd done a set like the one they did on Friday, last night, Ax... Especially since I missed Bad on Friday!
Exit and MW... :drool:

That would've been fucking cool. I'd love to hear Exit. Hopefully they'll be doing another gig soon.

Did you see I posted last night's setlist? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom