Arrested Development - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got_edge said:
GUYZ, if I were to say:
  • "Like a cat"
would you know what I'm talking about?? Would you laugh?

Let's prove PlaTheGreat wrong! :dancing:

Yeah, but guess what? I'm not laughing! Therefore Pla wins :happy:

----

From Yahoo! News:
'Arrested Development' Parodies Its Demise

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer Tue Jan 3, 6:43 PM ET

NEW YORK - It's only fitting that "Arrested Development," the most self-referential show on TV, would go down chronicling its own demise.
ADVERTISEMENT

The sitcom is essentially a lame duck after Fox announced in November that it wouldn't order a full third season — broadcasting 13 episodes instead of 22. Though an Emmy-winning critical hit, its ratings have been paltry, averaging fewer than 5 million viewers this season.

Monday night's episode blatantly parodied the show's situation.

"The Bluths were desperate," the narrator (Ron Howard, the Oscar-winning director and one of show's executive producers) intoned about the show's hyper-dysfunctional family. "The press had them all but finished."

Michael Bluth, played by Jason Bateman, then announced: "If we want a chance of keeping this family going past the next few weeks, we're going to have to pull out all the stops."

The episode — the ninth of the season — at various points pretended to be 3-D, trotted out celebrities including
Andy Richter, Ben Stiller and Zach Braff, and turned into a pseudo-live broadcast.

The plot involved a fundraiser for the family's legal bills — a veiled plea for the show itself. Though such a premise could be expected to rile network executives, Fox spokesman Scott Grogin said the network didn't have a problem with the show.

"Our backs are against the wall and it's really come to begging," Michael Bluth said — which the narrator immediately followed with: "Please tell your friends about this show."

The second season of "Arrested Development" was also cut from 22 episodes, to 18. Fox appealed for support for the program and the Web site http://www.SaveOurBluths.com was founded.

In May, the network surprised many by not only renewing "Arrested" for a third season, but moving it to 8 p.m. on Mondays — a move Fox Entertainment President Peter Liguori called "audacious."

"We have confidence in the show," Liguori said at the time.

With Fox's November announcement, "Arrested" has been rumored for a possible move to cable — and even that development was satirized in an exchange between Jeffrey Tambor's George Bluth Sr. and Bateman's Michael.

"I don't think the Home Builders Organization is going to support us," George says.

"Yeah, the HBO is not going to want us," replies Michael. "What are we going to do?"

"I think it's show time," George then says.

Chris Alexander, a spokesman for 20th Century Fox, which produces the show, said both Showtime and ABC have expressed interest in "Arrested Development," but no deal has yet to be reached.

The show has won six Emmys and one Golden Globe, but some critics have suggested it's too zany to keep up with and the upper-class characters aren't "relatable" to audiences.

In a concluding speech on Monday's show, Bateman had even acknowledges that by saying: "We've been given plenty of chances, and maybe the Bluths just aren't worth saving, maybe we're not that likable. We're very self-centered."

Aaaaaand
f5fdb3ba.jpg

Justine Bateman as Nellie Bluth

Aaaaaand
f5fdb3ba.jpg

Justine Bateman as Nellie Bluth [/B]

memories of Mallory...:drool: *Family Ties theme ringing in my head*

ok, so get this, I finally get the 1st and 2nd seasons of AD on DVD, and I watch the 2nd disc of the 1st season and go to get my 3rd disc and it's another disc 1

so Fox fucked up my packaging by giving me:

2 Disc Ones
1 Disc Two
and 0 Disc Three

Thanks Fox, and oh yeah, thank you for The War at Home, what a great show :happy:

[/sarcasm]

I have indoctrinated a friend into the beauty of AD. He agreed to watch the season 1 DVDs with me, and he laughed out loud more than I've ever heard him laugh out loud.

Success!

corianderstem said:
I have indoctrinated a friend into the beauty of AD. He agreed to watch the season 1 DVDs with me, and he laughed out loud more than I've ever heard him laugh out loud.

Success!

:applaud:

I've converted 3 friends to the AD fandom. My best friend refuses to watch because she's convinced it's a boring show :mad:

LemonMacPhisto said:
ok, so get this, I finally get the 1st and 2nd seasons of AD on DVD, and I watch the 2nd disc of the 1st season and go to get my 3rd disc and it's another disc 1

so Fox fucked up my packaging by giving me:

2 Disc Ones
1 Disc Two
and 0 Disc Three

Thanks Fox, and oh yeah, thank you for The War at Home, what a great show :happy:

[/sarcasm]

I heard the same thing happened to a lot of people with the season 2 set. Have you contacted Amazon.com about getting a refund/exchange? I'm not sure what their return policy is like though :hmm:

Queen Bee said:

I heard the same thing happened to a lot of people with the season 2 set. Have you contacted Amazon.com about getting a refund/exchange? I'm not sure what their return policy is like though :hmm:

I mailed back my set, and Amazon is sending me a new one no questions asked :happy:

I should get it by Friday

Queen Bee said:

That's great! :applaud:

Hell yes :rockon:

but I have to wait until then to even start considering to watch the 2nd season

I don't like going out of order :nerd:

<--- New favorite line: "Excuse me, do these pants effectively hide my thunder?" - Tobias

Queen Bee, don't make me prematurely shoot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, and now think I have something of a mess on my hands

and I was close with the quote, I'm just a n00b! :wink:

Last edited:
I saw it too! I need to watch it again because some of my friends were talking during certain scenes.

My friend's sister: What's wrong with that guy's scalp?
He had his hair plugs removed because they were rejecting his body.
Okaaaaaayyyyyy?

:laugh:

More! More caps!
I miss thee, GOB.
I really need to watch this episode again, I barely remember it.

My friend's sister was loling at Ben Stiller's arrival. :drool:

LOWELL. That was disgusting. I was eating chicken when she said the, "This is the water I thawed the chicken in!"

Back
Top Bottom