Are you related to anyone famous???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my grandpa used to own one of the biggest rice companies in korea... :shrug:

in korea, rice is a BIG thing. :wink:

hmmmm, no celebrities that I can think of. Isn't there a baseball player named Dave Rosema? I'm related to him somehow. And my dad's cousin was the one in charge of the identification of Dahmer's victims. All of my older relatives came from poor communities in the Netherlands, lol.

My father is a cousin of Paul Haarhuis. A Dutch tennis player who made it to #18 on the ATP world ranking, but more importantly, who won all the grand slams in the men's doubles (3x French Open) and became world champion (also doubles) in 1993 and 1998.

I'm related to Edgar Alan Poe and very distantly to Anjelica Huston. (She won't take my calls though:sad: )

My sister asked my parents this a few weeks ago actually

My Dad: With a surname as common as ours I'm sure you could find someone who is distantly related to you who is famous.

At the moment, we don't know of anyone who is related to us and famous.

i've got some old old ancestors who fought in wars hundreds of years ago. we're talking revolutionary war and in some cases, even before that. my dad probably knows more than i do as his mom was big into researching that stuff.

as for anyone famous in the past 200 years, i don't think so.
down.gif

YellowKite said:
payphone.gif

My grandfather worked for AT&T Bell Telephone [before the big split in the Reaganomics pandamonium] and they hold a patent for the lock on the payphone which he developed. Supposedly it is an unpickable lock.

I wrote my eighth grade research paper on him and I still have the handwritten notes I took for my interview with him. He was so proud when I told him I had to pick someone famous and influential to do a paper on and I chose him. :heart:

I got an A+

Wow.....that must be a tough one to haul around in your back pocket. :bump:

Aardvark747 said:
Apperently my 9th Great Grandfather was Robert Burns. I have never gone to the trouble of finding out for sure though.

wow that is really cool. you should find out!

my uncle is the singer of a well known L.A. punk rock band from the 80's called the GEARS. he is very good friends with Tito Lariva
(of the PLUGZ) who, if any of you can recall, was in the movie the Million Dollar Hotel. and he sang on the sound track. so that practically makes me best friends with bono!:D

Hmmm yes,

One is a former racecar driver, one is a former motorcycle rider (straight track), two former singers in well known bands, and one might be in the "business" as they say.....

that guy who fired the "shot heard around the world" is a distant relative of mine. hmm.

:lol: I knew a girl who had a one night stand with Bruce Samazan, of E Street fame.

Someone in my family on the pom side, traced my dad's family to William the conqueror. No one did anything remarkable in the years that followed until a great aunt of mine taught Princess Di piano when she (Diana) was at school.
Bonham is a really common name though on my mum's side and they all joke that we're related to John Bonham, but I'm assuming it's a common enough name and no one can prove it lol.

karmic_postmark said:
My aunt through marriage her brother is Tippy Martínez who played for the Baltimore Orioles .

My childhood friend, Dave Skaggs, was my little league, PONY league and high school catcher...he was also the catcher for Tippy Martinez and the rest of the Baltimore staff...

Here's a trivia; that same friend was the last player to wear #8 before Cal Ripkin Jr....the #8 is now retired...

Back
Top Bottom