Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shari schultz said:
I bought the zoo tv 2 disc set at Borders for 24.99 today (couldn't use a coupon because it was on sale already...........

:hmm:

with my luck Borders won't have it. They didn't even have U2 By U2 on Tuesday so I had to go to Barnes and Noble for it instead.

Lila64 said:
But I've got a couple of hours to kill, and no one to shop with :|

:( I'd go shopping with you if I were in CA right now! One day....hopefully in April 2008 I will be able to officially move to Southern CA. :drool: :love:

well I do have Rick Steves Ireland to finish. Also, a coworker from job #2 is obsessed with Johnny Depp. :drool: She gave me a video to watch with interview clips. I suppose I do have enough to keep myself busy along with U2 By U2. I just wanted to go out tonight! :sad: :loser:

ok back to the happy part of my day....this morning my mom and I went to my beautiful new school for a demonstration in French cooking. This time it was a real demonstration and not just a talk like last week. First it was the culinary part and then the pastry part :love: The guys were a riot and you could hardly understand them with their thick French accents but it was really fun to watch them work. Afterwards I showed my mom all of the kitchens I'll be learning in. It was fun showing her around even though it makes me feel like I'm 12 for bringing mom with me. Then we went to Chipotle :kiss: for lunch and shopped. Then on to my cousin's baby shower. She got toooooooons of gifts. :crazy: This is the 2nd baby shower I've been to this month. I'm amazed at how much stuff people give for these things. Then I stopped at a few shoe stores but rushed through my shopping trip to come home to do nothing. So here I am.

I did have the first talk with my mom about my new living arrangements. :uhoh: That was interesting.........

Doozer61 said:
so you are home unsupervised? :D

:evil: :yes:

gonna head out. My best friend wants to take a nap, so I have about an hour to kill. Shopping alone :( If you ever move to S.Calif arw9797, be prepared for the expense of it :huh:

<can't/doesn't cook

Went to Target last night :happy:

Johnny Depp :drool:
potw.jpg

have a good evening all :wave:

:happy: :love: :drool: :| There's a big party in the party room and most of the guests are outside smoking....on my patio :up: I shouldn't complain about it since I really have only had 2 big parties in the party room that have interfered with my life since I moved in.

Anyways.....I went to Borders to see if they had Zoo TV, on sale. Nope. Not only that but they still don't have U2 BY U2 :der: I was debating on driving over to Best Buy and had just convinced myself that I did not need to go when I saw Iron Maiden on a magazine cover. :kiss: So off to Best Buy I went. Zoo TV was not on sale so the new Iron Maiden CD is now mine. I can't wait to listen to it!

My day:

Slept in til 8:45 :up:
Went to my weight watchers meeting - up 2.2 pounds in a week.:down:
Went to Curves, did my workout and the shiatsu massage guy was there - got a 20 minutes shiatsu massage.:up:
Went to mini fah soccer game on Bowen Island - they played well but lost. After the game we went out for a fabulous lunch :up:
I am currently in the midst of laundry folding/sorting mayhem.:help:

I need a beer

arw9797 said:
:happy: :love: :drool: :| There's a big party in the party room and most of the guests are outside smoking....on my patio :up: I shouldn't complain about it since I really have only had 2 big parties in the party room that have interfered with my life since I moved in.

Anyways.....I went to Borders to see if they had Zoo TV, on sale. Nope. Not only that but they still don't have U2 BY U2 :der: I was debating on driving over to Best Buy and had just convinced myself that I did not need to go when I saw Iron Maiden on a magazine cover. :kiss: So off to Best Buy I went. Zoo TV was not on sale so the new Iron Maiden CD is now mine. I can't wait to listen to it!

I posted a few screencaps in Pleba. I've only watched a little bit of the dvd extras. The book has taken up so much time I haven't gotten a good crack at the dvd yet :lol: , but some of the picture quality looks great :up:.

I hope Schmeg is dry at the moment :shifty:.

kellyahern said:
I hope Schmeg is dry at the moment :shifty:.
I am! :D Somehow my wet outdoor concert luck reversed itself for the night! We were in this odd little rain-free area. There was literally a circle of rainclouds around the arena, but not OVER the arena. Thanks for all the dry wishes!!!

The show was SO good. I'm so glad we got to go. It took us forever to get there but once we were in, I was happy as a flying pig (there was one).

More details tomorrow when I am coherent.

:hmm: so I'm listening to Iron Maiden. It's got the same classic duel (actually in this case I think it's triple.) guitars, same classic dark English literature theme, same classic Bruce Dickinson singing ( :love: :bow: :combust: ) but I don't know where the hell the drummer or the bass player are on this album. I don't hear any bass at all. The drummer sounds like absolute crap and doesn't really fit in with some of the guitar sound. It's almost like the drums were mixed too high because it's really throwing me off. :slant: Plus, as much as I love him, I will say that Bruce's voice does sound a little strained at times making him sound totally off key. Damn! I wanted to love this CD. :madwife: I don't know what I heard on their website. The first track starts off so good but mid way I found myself skipping to track 2.

:ohmy: OK I think I found the track I heard online. :uhoh: PLEASE let the rest of the CD sound like this............

from amazon:

The first three tracks ring true to the sound established with Brave New World and Dance of Death. Track 3, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, is an intricately woven together off time rocker that will be amazing to see pulled off live. Track 4 has that classic pre-Blaze years sound.

The disk gets better as you get deeper in. Tracks 8 and 10 are both 9+ minute epics, and perhaps the two best tracks on the album. All the tracks have their own sound. And not one of them should be "judged by its cover"; often times the way a track starts is not indicative of what you get two minutes into it. But that's well known signature style for Maiden.

:reject: I'm not done yet......

alright so Brave New World was just OK. It was the first Maiden album with Bruce on it after years of being away. I still followed Bruce heavily and think some of his solo work is the best he's ever been. Chemical Wedding happened to come out when I was in a romanticism class studying William Blake, among several others. All of the album artwork was William Blake's. A lot of the themes had to do with his work in art and literature. It's an amazing album. I have no idea what Maiden did during those years without him. So Brave New World was a good effort of them just being a band again. However, Dance of the Death made me want to rip my ears off. :barf: They tried way too hard to recreate the 80's. It was soooooo bad.

Well track 3 isn't so bad so it can't be too true to Dance of the Death. I'm on track 5 now. So far so good. I just hope nothing else on this album sounds like Dance of the Death.

I did see tonight that there's an Essential Iron Maiden out. It's probably been out for a long time :reject: Of course they failed to put two of the greatest songs on of all time off of their greatest album of all time (Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Powerslave) and they included some their other singer Blaze ( :yuck: ) on it from when Bruce was off making his beautiful solo stuff but I'm sure for the most part the rest is good.

:ohmy: Track 7.

:reject: OK I'm done hijacking randooom and making it into an Iron Maiden thread. It only happens about once a year so you're safe now until the next time. Carry on........

one more......tracks 1 & 2, maybe parts of 3 and 4, kind of suck but the rest :faint: :drool: :heart: I'm on track 8 now. Two more to go. I can live with 6-7 out of 10.

Track 8 is classic Bruce. :love:

the guitars on track 8 is classic Maiden all the way :faint: I've been focused on Bruce over the last few songs that I haven't paid attention to the guitars. There's 3 of them so it's kind of hard to miss! :der:

Ok now I'm done......:shifty:

last one and it really will be the last one because I'm on the last track. The album started off a little rough for me. I wanted tears of joy when I put it in the CD player but I thought very sad tears were going to come out after tracks 1 and 2. By the time I got to track 5 they had totally redeemed themselves. A fine effort and it's officially going on my iPod now but maybe just not tracks 1 and 2 :madwife:

I can't believe the Borders by you, arw, didn't have U2 by U2 yet......plus Zoo TV was not on sale :huh: I wonder what is up with that :scratch:

YAY! Schmeg stayed dry :up:

:up: Good job Twins!

Having gone to a few games this season I actually followed them a little more than usual. The first game I went to they were about 12 games back and now they just won the division title. Kirby would be proud!

arw9797 said:

if that is for the Vikes, take heart...........I am expecting nothing short of a blowout tomorrow night. I believe the Pack hasn't won in Philly since 1962 :happy:

kellyahern said:
Whenever you guys feel bad, just remember, at least your quaterbacks have their spleens :up: :D

Our quarterbacks liver was in doubt at one time a few years ago, if we are having a which quarterback is/was worse off in a body organ contest......../silliness

Favre is missing 30 inches of small intestine from a car accident while he was in college

shari schultz said:

if that is for the Vikes, take heart...........I am expecting nothing short of a blowout tomorrow night. I believe the Pack hasn't won in Philly since 1962 :happy:

yep it was for the Vikes but I'm over it since the Twins had such a great day. Winning the division in the last game of the season! :love:

^ :yuck:

Between the lightening and thunder and the hail I couldn't sleep :mad: Too loud :mad: so on my day off I was up at 6 :mad:
on the other hand it is getting sunny and it will be 80 degrees :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom