Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that Steelers-Colts championship was pretty fucking blatant there, I mean, 2 important Steeler plays clearly out of bounds but counted in? This game is legendary in its bullshitness, and as I said people who don't even care about the Colts say this game stands out in their minds as 'you guys got robbed.' I also think it was that game that partly led to instant replay being reinstated. If there had been challenges back then NO QUESTION those calls would have been overturned. I don't claim every game my teams lose is due to bad calls, but that one was. I'm going to see if I can get somebody to make me screen caps. It was a joke.

Last edited:
OK, returning to this century's playoff games...last night on Sportscenter, Mark Schlereth predicted the Colts would not only win, but win big.
And when asked which marquee player would fail in the 4 playoff games, his selection was Tom Brady.
Also interesting that on Wednesday the Colts' official website was offering Colts AFC Champions T-shirts and sweatshirts (NFL.com allows you to preorder conference champ. shirts for all 8 remaining teams, but if a team loses the order is cancelled, but the Colts were the only team to put them on their team website), WEEI radio in Boston and the Boston Herald got wind of this and suddenly the shirts were removed from the site. Wonder how people in Pittsburgh feel about this also.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:yawn:

and what a bitch of a move by the pats to keep the tarp off the playing field all week

that said... it's their right to make such a bitch move, and i don't think the nfl should get involved, which has been rumored. if they feel they need to turn the field into a swamp to win, so be it.

I guess they think this puts the Colts at a disadvantage, but doesn't it increase the risk injury to their players as well because of the poor field conditions? :scratch:

The funny thing about the whole field situation is that the picture that was in the paper (that made its way to Indy) was of a particularly soggy area of the edge of the field, nowhere near the playing surface (and rumors are the turf was doctored a bit to make it look worse), and the middle of the field is actually in pretty decent shape. Strictly mind games, like the Dec 2002 game vs Miami here when it had snowed several days earlier, and there was plenty of time to clear the field, which was done, but the shovelled snowpiles were put behind the visiting bench and along the runway to the visitors' locker room so the Fins could see some snow.
Now its currently pouring here, but the field is now covered per the NFL, even though by rule the NFL can only dictate whether or not to cover the field 24 hours before game day (which would be Saturday), but we all know Peyton is the league's glamour boy and the league wants to make sure he plays in Jacksonville on Feb 6th.

its kind of like how the league wanted the patriots to win the superbowl after 9/11 to go with the whole patriotic theme

time to taste some of your own medicine there hewson

Hewson said:

Now its currently pouring here, but the field is now covered per the NFL, even though by rule the NFL can only dictate whether or not to cover the field 24 hours before game day (which would be Saturday), but we all know Peyton is the league's glamour boy and the league wants to make sure he plays in Jacksonville on Feb 6th.

Actually, the NFL had nothing to do with the field getting covered now. The Pats did it on their own. An NFL official did come by to inspect it, and said it was in very good condition.

Playoff Football! Got three cases of beer, an assortment of starches......guess you wont't be hearing from me until Monday:wink:

Chizip said:
its kind of like how the league wanted the patriots to win the superbowl after 9/11 to go with the whole patriotic theme

time to taste some of your own medicine there hewson

Guess the ref who called holding on Willie McGinest and wiped out Tebucky Jones's TD didn't get the memo.

Steelers Won!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: what a game! oh man, the last minutes of the 4th quarter:ohmy: I forgot to mention that the kicker of the jets....*bump*

Last edited:
i said in one of these threads steelers were frauds. finally im proven right.

and yes whoever wins this game will be representing the afc in the bowl, and likely winning it because the nfc sucks.

and its snowing at my house...80-90 minutes away from foxboro :hyper:

the steelers are frauds...?

nfl1763_lower.jpg
nfl1782_lower.jpg

Week 8: Pittsburgh 34 - New England 20.

You've proven nothing. In fact, you've probably more likely been proven wrong. They ARE in the AFC Championship game and went 15-1 for a reason, you know.

oh, the game the pats played without corey dillon?

the steelers are frauds. 15-1? regular season is out the window. was that one of the first games the pats played without ty law? yeah.

it took not one, but TWO, missed field goals by the jets for the squeelers to force ot.

rothlisburger sure looked great in the playoffs too. cant wait to see what he has next week against the pats or colts d.

you do have a point, of course... but i would worry about rothelisburger if i was pittsburgh... he certainly looked like a rookie yesterday afternoon.

but i'm sold that whoever wins the pats colts game is gonna win the super bowl... in fact, i've already put money on it with a friend of mine... and he was drunk, so he gave me odds... if someone other than the pats or colts win, i owe him 15 bucks... if the colts or pats win, he owes me 45

and they just showed foxboro... it's a snowing. of course it is. did anyone really expect anything different?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i do believe it's time for peyton manning to tip his helmet and call the patriots his daddy.

Perhaps, but it's not his fault that the Colts' receivers can't get open deep against a secondary consisting of three equipment managers and Bill Belichick's grandmother and that the Colts D gave up three scoring drives of 14+ plays.

O.K. somebody help me here - what did I do wrong - I hit the quote button. Not working. BTW I already went to help forum...it didn't help. :sad:

eyecandy said:
O.K. somebody help me here - what did I do wrong - I hit the quote button. Not working. BTW I already went to help forum...it didn't help. :sad:

when you deleted my weather.com link, you also deleted the [/QUOTE] and [/B] which cancelled the bold text of my quote and the quote box in general

OMG!! Now I get it, thanks StlElevation. I guess next time I shouldn't delete the weather.com link, but will it show up? :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom