Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JessicaAnn said:

What was that you were saying :wink:

hey if i knew what i was talking about it'd be sitting in vegas with dollar bills flowing from my pockets instead of staring at a carolina blue screen...

and let's settle down on the panthers... if my memory serves me correct i do believe new england struggled at the start of last year, as well.

One game really doesn't mean a lot. Teams have started 0-3 and gone to the playoffs, and some 6-0 teams have crumbled and not gone at all. I'm not passing judgement on anyone's chances until at least week 10. Then I will!

Well, it's the 3rd quarter and the J-E-T-S are up 27-7 on the Chargers.

I don't know if I'll be back to post later, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Chargers don't come back...so I can say...

J-E-T-S Jets Jets JETS!!!!

Diane L.
Because someone has to be the Jets fan around here!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
st. louis needs to stop losing to scrub teams and screwing up my betting :madspit:
Betting on a team piloted by Pick Bulger is suicide. That team is gonna be overpriced all season cause people still think they're the high flying Rams of the Vermeil days. The duo of Martz and Bulger will make them serious money eaters, 0-2 ATS already, I predict no better than 5-11 ATS.

Oh and the Falcons are my sleeper NFC team, I don't think they're scrubs, I think they're gonna win their division with relative ease.

Last edited:
Mike Holmgren should learn how to use clock...wow what a collapse by the Seabags. OK when you get the ball with 3:24 left, your opponent out of timeouts and you have Shaun Alexander in the backfield, why would you pass on 3 of 4 plays?

Hewson said:
Mike Holmgren should learn how to use clock...wow what a collapse by the Seabags. OK when you get the ball with 3:24 left, your opponent out of timeouts and you have Shaun Alexander in the backfield, why would you pass on 3 of 4 plays?

:up:

We saw that same problem when he was here in Green Bay ... there were too many games in which the Pack won in the final seconds. And the only reason we won was because of Brett Favre's skill ... certainly not because of Holmgren's playcalling.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i constantly pick the rams and they constantly lose. i finally bet against them and go big on the seahawks, and they fucking choke :madspit:
I had the Lambs +8, so I was pleased, figured the Seabags might get caught looking ahead to next week with the Pats.

pic27432.jpg

So for those of you in NY, Indy,St Louis and other locales...after 20 straight wins...are the Pats still "not as good as the Colts", "Not that impressive", etc.?

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase after week fucking 1

i love tom brady... would love for him to be my quarterback. he rarely makes mistakes, doesn't do the spectacular but does the routine better than anyone else. he doesn't get rattled by the pressure, and there's no other guy i'd want with the ball in his hands down 6 with 2 minutes to go.

corey dillon was very impressive last night.

their defense on paper is also very impressive, and i do expect them to go 11-5 or 12-4 this year, and likely compete for a spot in the super bowl once again.

if i had to pick three teams with the best chance of winning it all, you're damn right new england would be amongst those three

below me

Now even the NFL recognizes the Pats as having the longest winning streak in league history. 18 straight regular season, 21 overall. And Jerome Bettis wanted the Pats to win so the Stellers can break the streak, ce careful what you wish for Bus.

Chizip said:
hey headache whatever happened to screw kurt play eli?

it's been locked away for now...

and on that subject... right now, even if eli turns out to be dan marino, it appears that giving up a second first round pick to get him was too much... because ben roethlisburger looks like john elway. :shrug: only time will tell... but for now, he can just sit on the sideline and hold tiki barber's MVP trophy.

Hewson said:
Now even the NFL recognizes the Pats as having the longest winning streak in league history. 18 straight regular season, 21 overall. And Jerome Bettis wanted the Pats to win so the Stellers can break the streak, ce careful what you wish for Bus.

:wink:

Well, Pittsburgh proved what everybody seemed to have forgotten since the Indy-New England game: the Pats are soft against the run.

Back
Top Bottom