are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
United were the biggest winners this weekend with arsenal being the biggest loosers.

Entertaining match. Arsenal just couldn't penetrate the Chelsea defence in the latter parts...and it seemed like they would have to set up a MASH unit for a few minutes there.

What does eevryone think about Paul Jewell and the current scandal :lol:, no wonder derby are going down lol.

england team for tomorrow then?

i'd probably go for:

---------------------------james------------------------

Johnson-------Terry--------------Rio----------A.Cole

-------------Hargreaves--------Barry----------------

Bentley---------------Gerrard----------------J.Cole

------------------------Rooney------------------------

Although obviously it will be beckham and not bentley playing by the looks of things. get beckham his 100 caps then finally we can decide to pick him on his footballing merits and not simply because of a sentimental action to get him into an exclusive club. i'd rather look to the future and see how a talent like bentley can cope against one of the best teams in the world on the international stage but it will be good for beckham to get this milestone off his back.

Oh no, not one up front again, rooney gets too frustrated with that stuff.

I'd like to see sir Owen and Rooney to do Battle at Agincourt.

that's the formation capello seems to prefer.

if it's to be 4-4-2 i'd like to see

-----------------------james------------------------

johnson------terry----------rio-----------A.Cole

Bentley----Gerrard-----Hargreaves-----J.Cole

--------------------------Rooney-------------------
--------------Owen---------------------------------

:up: for rio being captain btw

Captain Rio. Excellent :up: I'm sure he will do a good job. Terry must be gutted, but if Fabio is gonna be rotating the armband over the next couple of games then i'm sure he'll get his turn.

I can't see us winning the game in all honesty but if we can get a score draw that'll do me.

i don't like john terry and gerrard has done absolutely nothing as captain whenever he's had the mantle. i think rio has grown as a player now and i liked it when he gave ronaldo a bollocking on sunday so that shows he's not one to shirk his responsibilities or succumb to big ego's.

bentley's an asshole. that's all i have to say for today. can't stand watching him. all that talent wasted on an arrogant twat. shame.

^^ cant believe u watch The Apprentice lol.

Yeah davids last game possibly, well 18 hours of professional football all season doesnt get you in the team tbh.

so then, in my 22 years on this planet i've seen villa beat man united a gargantuan 3 times (and one of those was in a meaningless league cup tie in which fergie fielded one 'Michael Clegg' amongst others). Somehow i get the feeling that statistic won't change come tomorrow at 7 o'clock :(

1232245.jpg

there he is. he's probably thinking, "this guy here is good, but he's not as good as julian joachim. he gave me a world of trouble against villa. "

KING KEV KING KEV!!

This has turned our season around full circle.

Keegan : Hero to Zero to Hero.

Gonna be a hostile atmosphere for the players tonight, but hopefully they'll come through it. I reckon we'll be lucky to get a win so 1-1 is my prediction. Then we'll finish em at Trafford.

:rockon:

Arsenal should've won that game. No question. They had several opportunities. Their own man clearing a Fabregas shot off the line certainly didnt help!! Liverpool can just afford to sit tight in the return leg, and concentrate on not conceeding.

Chelsea lost :dance:

Liverpool. always doing the bare minimum to get through. still, a job well done. rafa got his tactics right again.

the CL this year really is Uniteds to lose though. they've proven they're better than the other english team in the league and the only other team that will cause them any bother is barca, who are playing absolutely awfully at the moment. the only positive for them is that by the time the semi's come around their form may have picked up again and crucially they will have key players in messi, deco, milito and marquez back from injury. although that may still not be enough.

fergie will absolutely kick himself if United aren't the European champions this season.

1stepcloser said:
Liverpool. always doing the bare minimum to get through. still, a job well done. rafa got his tactics right again.

the CL this year really is Uniteds to lose though. they've proven they're better than the other english team in the league and the only other team that will cause them any bother is barca, who are playing absolutely awfully at the moment. the only positive for them is that by the time the semi's come around their form may have picked up again and crucially they will have key players in messi, deco, milito and marquez back from injury. although that may still not be enough.

fergie will absolutely kick himself if United aren't the European champions this season.
#

Did someone say FA cup ?
Dont count your chickens.

Im so looking forward to this weekends fixtures.

Will Newcastle make it a hatrick of wins v Reading ? the atmosphere at st james is gonna be buzzing on Saturday.

It is so important we end this season on a high, lets be honest would you hand over millions to a man who hadnt won a game since taking over x amount of games ago and would you go to that team.

I was delighted we played an attacking formation away from home, it shows we had nothing to loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom