are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
europop2005 said:
Taylor should get a 20 game ban...absoloutely ridiculous tackle

He should get a 2 year game ban

So he can decide what he really wants for life

Play football or try to murder other's career

Why on earth are people on here calling for taylor to get banned for 20 games and even more crazily, 2 years?

it was a bad tackle yes but there was no malicious intent. if you look at taylors record too he's played something like 75 games for birmingham and only been booked 3 times which is phenomenal really for a centre back so he's clearly not the type who goes out to injure players unlike the likes of roy keane and michael brown.

he got sent off and that's what he deserved. his tackle was no different to perhaps half a dozen other appalling tackles made this season that luckily haven't managed to seriously injure anyone.

i hate birmingham city with all my heart but some of the over reactions to this are ridiculous.

I agree 1step. It wasn't like Keano on Haaland for instance or Keano on Southgate...or Keano on anybody!:wink: I agree with what Mcleish said after the game, that the ref probably reacted more to the injury than the tackle itself. Tackles like that happen week in week out and only on a rare occasion does something like this happen.

There was also another talking point from the game - Gallas and his over the top antics at the end of the game! Kicking the sponsor boards in a paddy and then sitting down on the pitch, all alone after the others walk off!:lol: Fergie would've been loving that! The Captain no less, cracking under the pressure!:evil:

Oh - and well done Spurs! I was cheering you on down the pub! Why did Grant not start Joe Cole?!:huh: And why did Anelka play on the left wing for most of the game?!:huh:

i wanted chelsea to win for the purely selfish reason that there would be an extra UEFA cup spot if they had won. now im praying chelsea and united get drawn apart in the FA Cup draw for the semi's!

still at least it's refreshing for a non "big four" team to win a trophy of some description. long may it continue. also i felt kind of dirty supporting chelsea in a cup final. hopefully i won't have to do that ever again!

i've got to go home in a bit and see my spurs supporting housemate. great. he's gonna be so bloody smug :( :mad:

Aardvark747 said:

Haha! Bunch of thugs! Nikki and Charley from BB, Danielle Lloyd, David Beckhams sister...:yawn:

Was about to say the same thing. Nothing more than glorified prostitutes hovering around rich football players to bleed them dry and soak up the cheap magazine deals.

On a good note its nice that Ramos gave them the night off.

Last edited:
I can't stand the WAGs. They bore the ass off me. Particularly the likes of the girls listed above! I mean Danielle Lloyd...how many footballers has she got thru now?!

still...i would!:drool::rockon:

yertle-the-turtle said:

I think something else that got lost in all the kerfuffle was that Bacary Sagna's brother passed away not long ago as well...:(

Yeah I read about that too. Shame. Amazed he even wanted to play that Birmingham game.

J_NP said:

He should get a 2 year game ban

So he can decide what he really wants for life

Play football or try to murder other's career

Some friends and I were thinking about a great rule for these things: A player who injures another player can´t play until the injured player is rehabilitated.

What do you think?

Middlesbrough striker Jeremie Aliadiere will serve a four-match suspension after the Football Association deemed his appeal to be 'frivolous'.

If ever proof was needed as to just how big a bunch of idiots sponge a living out of the game that just has to be it, on a day when 1 player nearly lost his leg, the person sent off for that "tackle" will serve a 3 match ban, whilst Alliadiare will serve a 4 match ban, they really do live with their heads up their arses at the f a.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Some friends and I were thinking about a great rule for these things: A player who injures another player can´t play until the injured player is rehabilitated.

What do you think?

In certain cases that would be a good idea( so the f a would never touch it in a million years) i.e. such as Keano's assault on haaland(much as it pains me to say it) because there was definetly intent in that 1, but I really don't think there was intent on saturday, as bad as the outcome was, but I also don't think a 3 game ban is sufficient. Its a tough 1 so the f a will do fuck all, and just let the situation blow over, because when it comes to incompetence they're world beaters!!!

A lot of talk in the papers about problems at Chelsea, with Terry having a bust-up with Henk Ten Cate and many players being unhappy with Avram Grant's preperation for last sunday's final. Many fans have been venting their anger too apparently. I don't think he's done half bad since he arrived. I really thought that as soon as Mourhino left, Chelsea would crumble and wouldnt be challenging for the title this season. But he's done well - only lost 3 games, though they have all been important ones. It would be stupid to try and force him out in the summer.

Keegan on the other hand...

People keep saying keegan this keegan that but the whole dressing has had a negative attitude to the club since the day they arrived all arrive, no one shows any real desire on the pitch so you cant pin everything on King Kev.

Grant seems to have a knack of losing or not playing well in the big games. chelsea were poor against united, arsenal, liverpool, spurs in the cup final and against olympiakos last week. he seems to be trying to play better football but you just know mourinho would probably have won that cup for them on sunday. joe cole on the bench? playing drogba and anelka together for the first time in a major cup final?

i've got a good feeling about this weekend. arsenal vs villa. we're gonna get em, i can feel it. harewood has been like a marauding rampaging bull whenever he's been introduced off the bench. bring it on arsene :evil:

vaz02 said:
People keep saying keegan this keegan that but the whole dressing has had a negative attitude to the club since the day they arrived all arrive, no one shows any real desire on the pitch so you cant pin everything on King Kev.

omg i woke up when i wrote this and it doesnt make any sense lol.

People keep saying keegan this keegan that but the whole dressing room has had a negative attitude to the club since the day they all arrived , no one shows any real desire to win on the pitch so you cant pin everything on King Kev.

vaz02 said:

People keep saying keegan this keegan that but the whole dressing room has had a negative attitude to the club since the day they all arrived , no one shows any real desire to win on the pitch so you cant pin everything on King Kev.

isn't motivation supposed to be one of his main skills as a manager though?

Incase anyone forgot, this tackle was far worse than taylors yet because phil nevilles leg was in a slightly different position he managed to escape injury. Dirk Kuyt didn't get sent off and scored the winner in the 90th minute.

77425793.jpg

vaz02 said:

omg i woke up when i wrote this and it doesnt make any sense lol.

:wink:

He's just got so much work to do to turn the club around - I don't know why he didnt bring one or two new faces in last month, anything has to better than some of the guys there at the moment. But I guess he has to be given time, and as soon as they get that all important first win maybe that will set them off.

Aardvark747 said:

:wink:

He's just got so much work to do to turn the club around - I don't know why he didnt bring one or two new faces in last month, anything has to better than some of the guys there at the moment. But I guess he has to be given time, and as soon as they get that all important first win maybe that will set them off.

Well wise came in a bit late and he is there to oversea transfers.

^ tell me about it, only pen's could of injected some sort of excitement into the game.

vaz02 said:

He is no miracle worker

in o'neills first game for villa with david o'learys god awful squad, he managed to get a draw away at arsenal and was 8 minutes from winning the match until gilberto popped up with a lucky equaliser.

guess we all know who the real miracle worker is then.....:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom