are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haahahhahahahahah come on bolton! birmingham in the relegation zone now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not too fussed about my bet inevitably failing once again. bolton have just made my day.

He who dares wins.

If Bolton get relegated the owner is gonna sell the club to fat freddy shepherd and he's gonna bring big sam back to the reebok if you believe reports.

vaz02 said:
He who dares wins.

If Bolton get relegated the owner is gonna sell the club to fat freddy shepherd and he's gonna bring big sam back to the reebok if you believe reports.

i honestly can't see big sam going back there. reckon he'll end up somewhere like fulham or reading. maybe west ham.

he won't get a top 4 job and all the best of the rest clubs (everton, spurs, villa, pompey ect...) are reasonably safe. unless mark hughes wants to move on to bigger better things.

i'm getting nervous now. don't think i'm gonna sleep much tonight :(

god i hate this derby. i hate every minute of it until the final whistle. and i've got to write the conclusion to my dissertation tomorrow. god knows how i'm going to do that even if we win, lose or draw.

it's not on tv and i'm refusing to listen to it on the radio cos it makes me either :uhoh: or :mad:

everytime they attack and the commentator raises his voice and it sounds like they're going to score and everytime we attack it sounds like we just might score but always ends in nothing...

^ In Manchester almost every pub has pirate tv where they show english games shown on greek channels or summet so catching like the odd untelevised united or city game aint a issue.

speedracer said:

cheers boss. although i tried a different stream the other day and i couldn't use it cos the uni administrator blocked me :mad:

my dissertation has to be handed in on monday morning so i'm gonna be spending all day uni sorting that out. hopefully that link will work. i'll try it in the morning.

i know there are pirate channels but i'm in leeds now so i doubt that many pubs around here will be showing the game. not that i can find out anyway, bloody dissertation :mad:

mind you, when i get it finished and if the villa win as well i'll be :dancing: :rockon: :dancing: :rockon: :dancing: :rockon:

5-1 ( so far) this is gonna be agreat result for you guys. There's another big derby today and i think we will win that 3-1 with owen getting the first in.

5-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucking love it!!!!!! just wish i could have been there :(

:dancing: :applaud: :dancing: :applaud: :dancing: :applaud:

the villa express train goes steaming on towards 5th place!!! 15 goals in 3 games. wow.

15xmts8.gif

:D

Great win, with Hammers next week we might even be able to creep into the top half of the table with the last few games.

Villa need a extra few quality players then you might challange for 4th next season, your not that far of Liverpool points wise.

hoepfully newcastle will keep their form up as they take on everton on the last day which could be vital in the race for 5th. I can see spurs getting back into the equation next season as i think Ramos will be able to attract some of the better players from La Liga to come to spurs.

we desperately need a right back, another centre half and a new keeper. we've scored more goals than arsenal this season and only man united have scored more but we do give away too sloppy goals.

hopefully next season will be the year a new team breaks into the "big four".

Congrats on the derby wins you two! Wish we had had more luck with our 2 games against City this season, we wouldnt be worrying about slipping up to Chelsea now!

I'm going for Liverpool to edge out Chelsea tonight. The Anfield crowd will be right behind em. I'd prefer to see Liverpool in the final again anyway - anyone other than Chelsea! :madspit:

^ditto. I couldnt believe it, they played so poor and deserved nothing from the game. I'm still backing Liverpool to score next week but it'll be a much tougher match this time.

I know we will score tonight...I can sense it! I just hope we can keep a clean sheet at the same time. Whatever problems Barca have been having over the course of this season, they havent got to the semis by fluke. So they will be well up for the game and Messi will be a handful for Vidic and Rio. Ronaldo needs to be on top form tonight and i'm sure he will be.

Oh, and 1step - naturally I will be watching the game and recording The Apprentice tonight! :wink:

damn right your recording the apprentice!

if man u play how they've been playing of late and if barca do the same then united will wipe the floor with them. that's not how it always works though in cups. I think uniteds best chance of scoring comes from set pieces cos barca are quite a small team and are awful at defendering corners and free kicks. rooney needs to get his shooting boots on too.

should be a great spectacle though with ronaldo and messi going head to head for the first time :drool:

Tough game. They were all over us for the majority of the 90 minutes. If Ronaldo had converted that pen right at the start, who knows what couldve happened. It just seemed that we were constantly defending for the entire game after that, with only 2 further penalty shouts to get to get us going. The ref bottled the one in the first half. It was blatant. The one in the second half, I wasnt so sure about.

0-0 was a decent result in the end, and it'll be a totally different encounter come next tuesday, so we've still got a great chance of making the final.

Personally speaking, I'd slightly favour Barcelona now, I've seen UTD get 0-0 away in first leg several times & lose at OT, Real Madrid, & Monaco spring to mind, but IMO 0-0 away in 1st leg is not a good result, also I can't remember seeing Utd look so lacklustre, & uninspiring in years at times I honestly thought I was watching ingerland, the passing, & lack of control was abysmal, & how many times did they give possession away hoofing long balls up field, & I'd also like to propose a new award, for most ineffectual player on pitch in a big match ever.......
And the winner is Park Ji Sung, what a total & complete waste of a shirt that performance was, I've never seen a player so out of his depth in a professional game in my life, without being too cruel, I'd liken his performance to that of a 7/8 year old, hopelessly running around after the ball, hardly ever getting a touch, whenever he did he couldn't get the damn thing under control, & the 1 time he did, with Tevez waiting in a good forward position, he actually managed to pass the ball further away from Tevez, than he was in the first place, absolutely fucking useless!!!!!

I was thinking throughout the game, such a high profile match between 2 of the biggest clubs in the world, if anyone who was only slightly interested in football decided to tune in must have been put off football for life, dreadful game, and certainly not a good advert for football, if this is the best Europe has to offer, God help football!!!!!

Overall, I don't think either team played particularly poorly; it was just a dull match, with neither side able to get free for many clear chances. It did seem like ManU closed up shop shortly after halftime though.

The C. Ronaldo penalty kick was quite amusing, though.

jimmmm said:

I was thinking throughout the game, such a high profile match between 2 of the biggest clubs in the world, if anyone who was only slightly interested in football decided to tune in must have been put off football for life, dreadful game, and certainly not a good advert for football, if this is the best Europe has to offer, God help football!!!!!

i actually thought it was a good game. far more entertaining than the previous nights snoozefest. the second half was kinda one way traffic but some of the touches and movement was just on a different level to that of chelski and liverplol.

i still think united have got the slightly better chance of going through. if barca couldn't score at the nou camp with 20 odd shots i can't see them faring much better at old trafford. can't believe anderson wasn't introduced at some point.

i'm supporting fiorentina. can't be bothered with rangers fans giving it the big one about scottish football being great and also the viola were my favourite italian team growing up :up:

^ agreed on both accounts, gabriel batistuta :drool:

My best mate is half scottish rangers/united fan and he always goes on about how great Scottish football has become. I just wanna throw a brick at his head, scotland have a good qualfifying campaign compared to previous years and still not qualify but yet the scottish public celebrate like they have won the world cup. National failures lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom