Are there any other fans of the Anaheim Angels here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
I am very pleased with the team this year.

We have 4 strong starting pitchers and one rookie (Lackey) who has only pitched 2 games but has looked great in each of them. He beat the Dodgers yesterday, and they're one of the best teams in baseball.

We have one of the premiere relievers in Troy Percival, and our offense is one of the best in the league. (The Angels led the majors in team batting average as of last week.)

In my opinion, this year's team is the best the Angels have ever fielded because it's the most well-balanced.

The Angels are in a tough division, but I honestly believe they have a good shot at winning that division.

It'll be hard this year, with the way Seattle has been playing. I really felt like last year was a fluke for them, but they're on pace to win at least 100 games again. Oakland isn't going away either, and as good as Anaheim's pitching is, Oakland still wins in that respect. But Percival is one of the most underrated pitchers in the game, and Darin Erstad and Troy Glaus could become stars in the next few years. If Tim Salmon can avoid the injury bug, he'll contribute too.

The Wild Card will be tough to get this year with Boston and New York in that AL East dogfight. And Anaheim's lack of late-season experience won't help them either. But if things go their way, they could sneak into October. I still think they might have to wait one more year, but best of luck to them. Especially if they can keep the Yankees out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom