Arcade Fire new stuff 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing really keeping me from going is that I'll already be spending a ton of money that month (Sister's wedding). That being said, if I am able to make it out, we should definitely meet up :up:

They're playing at the Danforth Music Hall Friday and Saturday night. Tickets go on sale at noon on the day of the show. $35 (+ $2.50 or something like that). Cash only. You can only buy one ticket each and arent allowed to save spots in line. I'd keep it on the downlow, but I'm sure everyone and their uncle knows about it now

edit: well there ya go :)

Ahhhhhhhh, want! :drool:

There'll probably be 5 million people lined up to buy tickets.

Julie, I'd be there in a heartbeat, but my daughter is coming off 12 weeks with a broken leg and is just now starting to take baby steps, and that'd be way more standing and walking than she can do. I can't go without her, she's a huge fan, too. I HATE the thought of passing this up, though. AF in a venue that small? Damn.

JT, I would have tried for Friday, just because the line *may* be a tad less crazy. But yeah, line ups will start the night before, I'm sure.

Gah, I want to go so badly! Passing this up is almost physically painful.

Okay, I read earlier that by 9:30 this morning, there were only 30 or 40 people lined up, and that by the time the tickets went on sale at noon, there were only a few hundred. Someone early this evening said there were still tickets available. I heard on the radio after the show started (8:30 pm) that only 500 people lined up (the venue holds 1,200)...not sure if they meant that only 500 lined up, or only 500 tickets were sold. Either way, I'm totally bummed that we could have made it for tonight. The thing is though, even while I was reading all this today, I'm a good 2 hrs from the venue, so by the time I got there, things could have changed drastically.

Is anyone trying for tomorrow? I'm tempted, but I have a feeling that things will be very different tomorrow.

Thank G-d for "We Used to Wait." At long last, I can say I decently enjoy something I've heard from this album.

Hm, I actually like these two more than the first two that leaked. Nothing as intense and immediately thrilling as their previous stuff, but I liked them.

To be honest, I don't know how I reacted to their previous music when I first heard it. Full disclosure, I didn't like Funeral all that much when I'd first heard it - kind of missed the boat on it. It wasn't until Wake Up caught my ear at U2 shows that I went back to give it all another listen, and then I loved it.

Don't remember what my initial reaction to the songs on Neon Bible was upon first listen.

I haven't listened to these tracks, nor will I until it officially comes out. Maybe they sound better within the context of the album, I don't know. We'll see.

And while I loved both Funeral and Neon Bible, in my opinion the essence of Arcade Fire is really felt in a live setting. Their songs come alive on stage, and it really makes their shows such a magical experience. At least to me.

So I managed to get a ticket on Saturday to their surprise gig at a small venue in Toronto. (I lined up at 11:10am VP and I was no. 530 so the lineup wasn't that long either day, surprisingly enough}

Some of my friends decided to queue up all day but I needed a nap so went home. Since it was a proper theatre, my friends kindly reserved a seat for me with them in the front row.

Once the lights dimmed, we were able to rush the stage and I managed a spot right up against the stage. What an unbelievable show - they played 90 mins, only 2 songs from Neon Bible and the rest was divided between Funeral and their new album. All four leaked songs were performed that evening.

Simply amazing night - definitely one of the best live experiences I've ever had :up:

Just catching up on the new tunes...the latest two get me much more psyched for the whole thing, especially We Used to Wait (found a different file of this one than what's at most places, better quality and straight into the song, seems differently sourced). Ready to Wait and Suburbs seem paired musically to me. Trying to figure out a playing order, right now I put Ready to Start first, followed by Suburbs, then Month of May, then We Used to Wait.

Arcade Fire just posted the tracklist to The Suburbs on their website:

01 The Suburbs
02 Ready To Start
03 Modern Man
04 Rococo
05 Empty Room
06 City With No Children
07 Half Light I
08 Half Light II (No Celebration)
09 Suburban War
10 Month Of May
11 Wasted Hours
12 Deep Blue
13 We Used To Wait
14 Sprawl I (Flatland)
15 Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
16 The Suburbs (Continued)

16 tracks!

Seeing them August 2nd. Huzzah.

Grabbed tickets for that show too. Missed out last tour...my friend stayed home from school to buy the tix and he overslept like an idiot :angry:

That said...can't wait to hear all these songs in the context of the album.

I'm listening to some of the available new songs now for the first time. Sound good, but I find I'm getting really sick of Win's voice after three albums.

I quite like "We Used To Wait."

Lorelai taught me early in Season 1 that "quite" is kind of a lame word. But I still use it. Sorry, Lor.

I love all 4 tracks.

Just got the two new ones.

We Used to Wait is particularly incredible.

The title track blows me away each time now. A real grower.

I can't wait for this record, I've got a very good feeling about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom