Arcade Fire new stuff 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're saying it's a double A-side.

I've seen it classified as both, so who knows.

The sound quality isn't the greatest on these streams (big surprise) so I probably won't bother listening much more until there is something better out there.

Also, nothing against the thread starter, but this band deserves a better thread title. I vote to update it please.

Sorry, Arcade Fire. You're going to have to do better than that to hit an IN LAMEBLOWS level of excitement for your album. Especially when a band called Los Campesinos! have released three albums since your last one.

The Suburbs sounds like VWilcock. And I don't mean that as a compliment, as I'm sure you all know.

TheSuburbs_Artwork_cover1.jpg

August 3rd.

Awwww yeah. Might have to pull a High Violet with this and not listen to shit until the LP comes in the mail. Although I am less than enamored with the cover. They're aren't any fucking palm trees in Canada.

I'm excited that this finally has a date, most significantly because I will be able to listen to it plenty of times before their Lolla performance. I wasn't looking forward to standing around more awkwardly than usual as indistinct, unfamiliar songs passed by, praying for Wake Up. Now it's all good though.

The cover is tacky, but in a good way. Looks like a Canadian garage sale.

I really like the cover.

Also, there's a handwritten note on the band's website saying that both of the songs put out today (or yesterday, I guess) will be on the album. So that answers that question.

I understand the first three letters, there, cobbler, but you lost me with regard to your abbreviation once those next fifteen "l"s showed up.

I don't see how any of you can look forward to this album when Los Campesinos! have released three albums since Neon Bible.

Way to miss the point. They were supposed to be the new saviors of R&R, no? And one would have expected the hype for this album to be off the charts, the most since Radiohead's last? Or am I crazy?

Unfortunately, these two songs aren't exactly exciting or arresting, and I could only think that since their last album, a new band has come along that to me has put the bar pretty damned high, and has been beyond prolific.

Why don't you go back to Masada or wherever you were hiding?

cover reminds me a bit of some of the achtung baby photography.

Arcade Fire two tunes leak!

107.7 The End � New Music Stream: Arcade Fire

No U2....but I bought my tickets for the Arcade Fire Show on Olympic Island in Toronto for Aug 14, 2010

Well, they didn't leak. They were officially released by the band. And the links to listen to the songs were posted yesterday afternoon, just a couple of pages back in this very thread.

But yeah, thanks. Enjoy the show.

Now that we have songs and an album cover......I'm even less excited. Not impressed. I guess I'll just have to adjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust.

I really like both songs and like most here Month Of May is my favourite. Really looking forward to the album.:hyper:

Heard both songs 5-6 times now, I prefer The Suburbs, and I really really, really really like it.

Month of May is rockingly awesome as well. Bring on the album, I can't wait.

More of this :hyper:

Way to miss the point. They were supposed to be the new saviors of R&R, no? And one would have expected the hype for this album to be off the charts, the most since Radiohead's last? Or am I crazy?

Unfortunately, these two songs aren't exactly exciting or arresting, and I could only think that since their last album, a new band has come along that to me has put the bar pretty damned high, and has been beyond prolific.

Why don't you go back to Masada or wherever you were hiding?

I didn't miss the point, I never really do. I was just fucking around, or are you so wrapped up in your own bullshit stances on things that you missed that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom